Valkyrie

Valkyrie had been suprised and touched to discover that her parents had kept her car, the one they'd got her for her eighteenth birthday.

It was still very orange, but in a good way.

Valkyrie drew up the car when she saw the parked Bentley.

Her hands were clammy as she climbed out of her car. Skulduggery had told her to come over to see Tanith, but now guilt and a sort of desperation --for what, she didn't know-- was making her nervous. Irritated with herself, Valkyrie scowled.

With trepidation, she knocked on Skulduggery's front door.

She waited.

She knocked again.

Valkyrie tapped her foot impatiently. 

She raised her hand to knock a third time, only for the door to suddenly swing open and there, squeezed snugly into brown leather trousers and a plain vest top, was Tanith Low.

Her blue eyes rounded at the sight of Valkyrie. "Val!" She exclaimed.

Valkyrie was almost toppled as Tanith leapt on her, hugging her so fiercely that she could barely breathe. "Hi." She wheezed.

***

Sorry it's barely anything at all, guys. This morning I was really into it but didn't get a chance to actually write anything and now I'm just not in The Zone, so I'll give it another go as soon as I can!!