The prophet

I dont own Harry Potter unfortunately ): ⚠️trigger warning ⚠️

Harry ran down the stairs to the great hall; quickly fastening his tie. He was running late and everyone had left without him, to his annoyance.

His glasses bounced on the bridge of his nose as he hopped down the last steps ,skidding round the corner to the entrance of the great hall.
pushing on the large mahogany doors to the loud chattering of the room.
As soon as he stepped in the noice dimmed and people turned to look at him with wide eyes their Mouths wide just staring... then whispers echoed round the room.

Okay then... Harry thought as he made his way to sit in between Ron and Hermione
"What's happened now" Harry sighed as he sat down. They were still looking at him, this is getting weird, seeing as it was the middle of the year.

"Um, Harry it's the daily prophet again" Hermione said looking at her hands as they ringed in circles. She looked nervous, Ron gently patted her back. "so, what is it" Harry asked bored, he was really beginning to hate the stupid prophet.
"You know Harry, I'm not sure you should,read it I don't know how you'll react..."
Harry was starting to worry now "Hermione give it to me" he said, and held out his hand.

As he unrolled it big bold words struck him in the face, and he sucked in a gasp.

HARRY POTTER THE BOY OF SECRETS

Vernon Dursley (Harry potters uncle/ guardian) has been arrested for touching a miner. He has been put in muggle jail for 2 life sentences.
Harry Potter and his cousin Dudley Dursley have not admitted to any acts of harassment my Vernon Dursley but the ministry had approved us to enter their household. In case of any signs of abuse.

'No this can't be happening'

On entering the house we met petunia Dursley (Harry's biological aunt) and her son Dudley.
We asked them questions on Harry's childhood and they seemed resentful to answer, but after a while we began to get some answers.

Harry started to rub his hand through his hair impatiently;his eyes set on the paper.

"Vernon didn't like magic...he didn't like my family, so he punished Harry for it." Said Petunia before leading us to a closet beneath the stairs

"He slept here for 11 years, sometimes he didn't let him out for weeks maybe without food or water... i don't know why I didn't stop him" The cupboard was small, covered in dust, and had a small bed with blood stains. However, after this statement Mrs Dursley got very emotional so we decided to leave but before leaving she said.
"He had it bad that boy. I won't tell you the rest, Harry can. If you read this Harry , I'm so sorry"

This message goes directly to mr Potter if you would need to admit to such wrong doings please come to Rita skeeter (the writer).

Then at the bottom of the page was a bewitched photo that the Dursley's had. The only one with him in, he remembered the neighbours getting suspicious because he was never in them. It was zoomed into himself was wearing a grey t-shirt (one of Dudley's) and Vernon's big meaty hand on his shoulder ; you could see just how skinny he was, as he smiled awkwardly when the camera flashed. Than he looked straight down to the floor, suddenly Vernon's hand on his shoulder squeezed tightly . Little Harry looked up in shock, then looked around uncertainly.

Harry stared at it. His mouth hanging open.Eyes fixed to the paper.
"It's not true, is it Harry?"
Hermione's wobbly voice came from beside him.
He had kinda forgot she was there, he looked at her in shock. Her eyes were glassy as she stared intently at him "I-"
He didn't know what to say. He hadn't even told his friends, let alone the whole world... "it's time for class" he finally whispered.
And he stood up and left the hall, and went straight to his dorm.

To be continued...