I'll keep loving you, way past sixty-five

A/n: Before I update Elf Love, I want you guys to read this sweet and soft one shot. Because Elf Love is gonna turn really hurtful 😅 sorry

This one shot is inspired by Sofi-Tukker's best friend, which also is our beloved Lou's introductory song in the movie. Hope you all love it.

******************

†††††

🎶I think that I'll keep loving you, way past sixty-five
We made a language for us two, we don't need to describe
Every time you call on me, I drop what I do
You are my best friend and we've got some shit to shoot🎶

†††††

The song was playing on loop by Debbie. She was alone in the loft. Her best friend and love of the life (according to her) was out there in California for last 35 days. Debbie was missing her really badly and wanted her here right now.

Lou, before going, clearly told Debbie to abide by the parole rules. Lou even threw all the alcohol bottles because she didn't want Debbie to be drunk during visits. Debbie had asked why can't she stay instead of going to California, to which Lou answered that she wants Debbie to show the officer that she is being trusted by Lou to leave everything under her control and that Debbie need not be supervised or suspected by them. Debbie found the reasoning valid but also knew that somewhere, Lou was hiding something.

She'll tell if it is serious

And now, after 35 days of missing her, Debbie decided to listen to all those songs Lou loves. Among all the 80s and 90s hit collections, she found this particular song, which she was very sure of being a modern song. First time she listened, her concentration was on the beats and she smiled at Lou's choice. It was so Lou. The second time, she listened to the lyrics. Now she knew why Lou has that song in her special collection. Every line in the song was relatable for both of them. And so, she started recalling all those incidents that happened between them, while listening on loop.

†††††

🎶Yo, you wanna meet me at the bar? Yawp!
Yo, you wanna meet me at the lounge? Yawp!
Yo, you wanna meet me at the club? Yawp!
Yo, you wanna meet me downtown? Okay!
Yo, you wanna meet me in the east? Yawp!
Yo, you wanna meet me in the west? Yawp!
Yo, you wanna meet me on the block? Yawp!
Yo, you wanna meet me at the spot? Okay! 🎶

1997. Debbie, after being estranged by her family for a month now, and after having nearly caught stealing, went to a nearby bar. She was low on cash. So, decided to flirt her way to drinks. There was a man, in his 60s maybe. But he was looking at her. Debbie gave an innocent smile. He was her mark. He stared at her with a dirty look.

Pervert, she thought. Obviously, that 60+ year old man is looking at a 23-year-old with hungry eyes. Debbie immediately regretted looking at him and smiling. She wanted to abort this mission but was late. He came and sat next to her.

"Smith"

"Oh, uhm Angela", Debbie shook his hand.

She felt him holding the hand little bit longer and his finger even started travelling up till her elbow. She pulled her hand back with fake innocence.

He began boasting about his business, money etc. and was also being touchy. That's when their bartender changed. A young blonde, looked like a teen, replaced the older bartender. Debbie felt the girl was carrying off her uniform consisting of a white shirt, black vest coat and black pant, with black bowtie, better than all those branded suit-clad men present. Debbie, though was looking at the girl with attention, was confused as to how a teen was allowed. But she didn't ask. She had a bigger problem here.