❄️ Let It Snow ❄️

Surprise! I'm back with another Christmas book! This one is probably going to be longer than the other one, but I hope you all still enjoy! Happy Holidays!

🌨🌨🌨

   "Don't be bemused, it's just the news," Nadja Chamack spoke on the television, "Reports show of a winter storm about to blow in from the west..."

   Nadja continued to talk about staying inside and leaving work early. Yet, Adrien didn't really listen to the rest of what she said. He continued to walk down the sidewalk gloomily and annoyed with everything around him.

   People of Paris had started to get ready for Christmas early this year, much to his annoyance. He hated Christmas. The blonde found decorations ridiculous, Christmas songs annoying, and despised seeing families happily together.

The only good thing about this time of year was the cold. Adrien enjoyed walking in the cold and would risk walking by some festive areas to continue on. He didn't know why, but he found the crunching of snow satisfying and the breeze refreshing.

"Excuse me, Sir."

Adrien stopped in his tracks. The blonde sighed in frustration, his breath showing from the cold, and was about to tell whoever it was to leave him alone. He turned towards the voice until pausing at the last moment.

An old man in warm, ragged clothes sat a foot away and leaning against the building. He held a piece of cardboard that read: "In need of money." Adrien shut his gaping mouth before digging through his pockets.

He may have hated Christmas...

The blonde found a five-dollar bill and handed it over to the poor man. The man smiled kindly and took the money gratefully.

"Thank you," he said, stashing the money in his coat pocket.

...that doesn't mean he was a cruel person.

Adrien replied with a nod and a smile of his own. He continued his walk into the park feeling a little lighter until something cold hit the back of his head. The coldness slipped down into his coat, sending a shiver down his spine.

Adrien angrily snapped his head around at some kids who were having a snowball fight, not noticing a snowball went astray.

"Watch where you're throwing those things!" He yelled at the kids. They all stopped their small war and looked at Adrien. One kid stuck their tongue out and another threw another snowball, hitting him right in the face. The kids pointed and laughed at the man wiping the snow off of his face.

   He growled, boiling with anger as he bent down and compacted some snow together into his own snowball. He chucked the snowball until it hit the kid, who threw the snowball, directly in the face. Adrien smiled triumphantly until the kid started to cry, holding their nose.

   The blonde gulped when seeing a group of women ran over. One of the women broke away from the group and knelt down next to the kid.

   "Uh oh," Adrien thought, wide-eyed and frozen on his spot. The kid was talking to who the blond assumed was the kid's guardian. The kid was pointing in the direction he was standing which made the woman glare at him.