🎅🏻 Baby, It's Cold Outside 🎅🏻

🤶🏻🤶🏻🤶🏻

   It had been a day and a half since the power went out. Sabine set out some real and fake candles out around the house. It was still a little bit dark but there was enough light to get around.

"At least the heating didn't go out," Tom mused, making sandwiches in the kitchen. Sabine, Adrien and Marinette were all seated on the couch telling stories.

"Oh yes," Sabine agreed, "With the weather like this, it would probably be freezing in here. I hope everyone else is alright and staying warm." Adrien thought back to the man on the streets that he gave money too. He hoped that man found somewhere nice to stay with until the storm ends.

"Y-You know what w-we should d-do," Marinette suggested suddenly, getting everyone's attention, "W-We should l-listen to Christmas s-songs." Adrien raised an unimpressed eyebrow at the girl and folded his arms over his chest.

"And how exactly are we going to do that? There's no power," Adrien asked then spoke under his breath, "Not that I want to listen to trash." Marinette heard what he said and flinched, looking at her lap.

"No, but we do have phones. I have a Christmas playlist that I can play from the speaker system," Sabine said, getting her phone out and hooking it up to the speakers. The blonde narrowed his eyes at me, making me grimace. Neither of the bakers seemed to notice the silent dispute between the two young adults.

   Sabine went to her playlist and hit the random suggestion. Please Come Home began to play wirelessly through the Bluetooth speaker system. The Chinese woman smile along with her husband, unlike their daughter and guest.

   "Sabine, can you help me find the butter?" Tom asked his wife. Sabine left towards the kitchen and leaving the two alone in the living room.

   "Why?"

   Marinette blinked in surprise by the sudden question and could only stare in confusion.

   "Why are you doing this when I already told you I don't like Christmas?" Adrien asked, harshly.

   "I-I j-just..." The bluenette trailed off, biting the bottom of her lip and looked the other direction, "...I-I wanted y-you to enjoy this C-Christmas. I m-may not completely u-understand your h-hatred for the h-holidays, but I-I wanna try to h-help you e-enjoy it a little."

   Adrien's anger soon melted away at such an innocent and genuine answer. He was taken aback a bit but felt something within his cold heart warm up. He sighed as the music changed into a new song that he was very familiar with.

Marinette watched as Adrien stood from off the couch. The flickering light coming from the candles danced upon the blonde's face, making his tan skin glow while casting shadows. Bluebell eyes watched as the man before her held out his hand.

   "Would you care to dance, Milady?" Adrien asked, then bit the bottom of his lip nervously. Marinette was shocked until feeling the end of her lip twitch up into a small smile. She gently grasped her smaller hand within Adrien's bigger one.

   Marinette left the couch and walked hand in hand with Adrien to the middle of the room. The bluenette placed her hand on Adrien's shoulder while he placed his on the small of her back. Their other lands linked as the music began to play.

"I really can't stay," Marinette sang along with the song.

"Baby, it's cold outside," Adrien sang along as well much to Marinette's surprise and joy. The two continued to dance around the candle-lit living room and singing along with the music.

The bluenette was so surprised after hearing Adrien sing his parts of the song without hesitation...as if he knew the song by heart. She hadn't met a lot of people that knew the song as well as she did. The young woman loved this song and sang it with every possible chance she could get.

   Yet, for someone who refers Christmas to be vain of their lives, Adrien knew this song like the back of his hand. In a way, it was a Christmas miracle!

   Once the song ended, their giant smiles didn't and neither did Marinette's amazement. She looked up at the blonde a little astonished as he looked away.

   "Don't give me that look," he said, jokingly and sat back on the couch. Marinette followed, sitting next to him.

   "For s-someone who says h-he hates Christmas, you k-knew that s-song as if you sang it in y-your sleep! W-Why is that?" Marinette questioned. The blonde's smile faded at the memories and reason he knew that song so well.

   Adrien opened his mouth then closed it and shook his head. He stood from the couch a little upset and left towards the guest room he was staying in. Marinette watched him leave in confusion and was left wondering why. She decided to follow him but was too late when the door shut and locked.

   The bluenette stood outside the door, gently placing her hand on the wood.

   "Adrien, are you alright?" Marinette asked, worriedly.

   "Leave me alone, please," a muffled response came from the other side. Marinette only frowned and hesitated at the door, not wanting to leave. Yet, she sighed and walked away, back to the living room. She sat on the couch and pulled her knees up to her chest.

Sabine and Tom returned to the living room laughing but paused when noticing the scene. The Chinese woman joined her daughter on the couch and rubbed her back.

"Just give him some time to cool off," Sabine said then placed a kiss on her daughter's head. Marinette nodded and smiled lovingly at her parents. She gave her mom and dad a hug before running up the stairs to her room. The bluenette sat at her desk and fired up her sowing machine.

   "Maybe this can be an apology slash Christmas present," Marinette mumbled to herself before picking up the fabric she needed and began her magic. She knew that Adrien secretly still had a soft spot for Christmas and she was going to be the one to make it grow, letting it out of its cage.

   "I hope he likes it," Marinette thought as she began her all-nighter gift making.

🤶🏻🤶🏻🤶🏻

Is the story going fast? Yes, yes it is. The reason? Because it's supposed to be short and Christmas is coming faster than I imagined. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!