9

chapter 9 —

{ trigger warning ahead.
read at your own risk. }

OLIVIA

OLIVIA

After we ate ice cream, we walked around the boardwalk some more. We played games in the arcade. We walked on the beach. Then, we went and watched a movie.

At around 9 pm, Hagen dropped me off.  We said our goodbyes. He waited to drive off until I was safely inside.

I didn't really want to be alone tonight, I was the only one home. Like I said, Cam is out of town and my mom's working until who knows when, all I know is she definitely won't be home tonight.

I lock the door behind me and head upstairs to my room.

My room was pitch black, and the darkness welcomed me as I stepped in. The door closes behind me. Before I can turn around, my hair is pulled causing me to yelp out in pain.

I already knew who it was; Caleb.

"What the fuck did I tell you about hanging out with him?" He whispers in my ear, the alcohol off of his breath filling my nose.

I don't answer, which makes him angrier. He slams my body against my door, snaking his hands around my throat

"Answer me, you bitch." He spits

I turn my head to the side and let some of my bottled tears fall. His fingers grab my throat harder and force me to look at him. A stinging feeling appears in my cheek, That's when I realized  that he slapped me. I can barely breathe now and my vision is becoming dark and blurry

I catch my breathe and my vision refocuses as he lets go. I take my opportunity to run to the other side of the room.

"Please just stop. He- he's just my friend." I cry out in pain

My breath catches in my throat as he walks over to me .

"You're a fucking liar" He yells, taking my hair in his hand again

he then takes his fist and makes full impact with my face.

"Stop, you're hur-hurting me ." I manage to get out

"Cry me a fucking river. This is what cheating bitches  like you get and deserve." He spits distastefully

"I'm not cheating . I promise. I love you, just please let me go " I am full on sobbing by now

"Fine, I'll let you go." and with that he takes his free hand, and smashes it to nose, and then lets go of my hair at the same time.

I fall back due to the impact. I  lay on my side, full focus on his shoes, everything else is blurry. I bring my hand up to my nose. When I look at my hand, all I can focus on is the excessive amount of blood.

"You're going to stay away from him. Or else i'll beat the shit out of him too . Do you understand? " He instructs , kicking me as hard as he can to my abdomen.

I feel the air leave my body, and I whimper out in pain

"I said, do you understand?" He roars, kicking me once again

I nod my head yes, unable to speak.

"Say it." He demands

"Y-yes." I manage to mutter, pulling my legs to my chest, still lying on my side.

I lean a little to the side, blood spurting from my mouth . My vision is completely disoriented. I can barely move due to the excruciating pain that runs through my entire body.

I hear my bedroom door slam shut and the sound of his voice, but it all sounds muffled . I manage to pull myself on my back. I stare up at the ceiling, I try to hold my eyes open, in attempts to keep myself awake.

I feel numb and empty. Though at the same time, I feel safe. Safe from Caleb. Safe from all my demons. Safe from my fears. Safe from everything that can hurt me.

I'd be lying if I said this was the first time he's ever hit me. It's never been this bad though.

I can still remember the look on his face when he accidentally slapped me. He kept on apologizing, and I said it was okay. But then, he never really stopped and the apologizes stopped being said.

Sometimes he'll buy me jewelry or flowers for forgiveness. I forgive him, I always do. In my eyes, it's better if I take the hits rather than someone else.

And I know it's the alcohol taking over his actions. I know that deep down, the boy I fell in love with is still in there somewhere.

I fail to keep my eyes open for much longer, and find myself falling into the comfortable darkness, where nothing can hurt me.

hi angels! i'm not crying, you are 🥺

if you ever find yourself in a relationship similar to the one above, PLEASE get help. you're so much better than that & deserve better.

you're beautiful, loved, and worth everything!

Q: has your opinion on olivia changed & what is your thoughts on her character?

please don't be a silent reader
leave me a comment,
& ask me questions !
it helps me out a lot :)

thanks for reading
i love you endlessly,
- ora :,)