It's You - Draco Malfoy

"You said you wouldn't..."

"I had to, my parents gave me no choice, (Y/N)!"

"For fuck's sake, your father's in Azkaban! You still let him control every single little thing you do?"

Argue, argue, argue.

That's all Draco and I do now. It broke my heart when he told me that he had been branded with the Dark Mark. I knew that it had to happen at one point or another, and I know what that would mean in the end.

"(Y/N)...." Draco stared at me with his steely gray eyes, the expression he had on his face was unreadable. He's changed so much this year, so much that I've even questioned if this is the Draco Malfoy that I fell in love with years ago. His face was gaunt, he has eye bags, and he's always cranky. He avoids me, never has time for me due to all of his Death Eater duties. He doesn't even bother getting closer than an arm's length from me.

"Draco... we really shouldn't be together anymore. I can't continue on with this constant worry... this constant anxiety of what your next move will be. I can't stand it when you ignore me, or when you look at me like I'm a piece of shit. I can't do it, Draco. It's too much." I whispered.

"(Y/N)... please no..." he protested, his face immediately changing to a pained one. It's funny how a couple of words can have such a huge impact on a person. What you say, whether hurtful or otherwise, can completely change a person. Sometimes words can be more hurtful than actions. I've learned that the hard way. It doesn't matter how emotionally strong you are, if a person finds your weak point, it can potentially bring you down, just like any human being. That's the reality of everything.

"I can't do it, Draco. It's too much." I stated sharply, keeping my voice as neutral as I could manage. I turned on my heel, walking away from my loved one with huge, salty tears streaming down my face.

- - - - - -

Battle of Hogwarts

Screaming.

Crying.

Injured Hogwars Students.

Chaos.

The Hogwarts castle was swarmed with these horrors, and many more. People were blatantly murdered left and right, as if we were some sort of garbage that the Death Eaters wanted to get rid of. I was quick on my feet, making my way down the corridors and courtyards of Hogwarts, looking for my next target.

No one knew where Harry had gone to, but everyone was too busy with battling their own Death Eaters, that they did't have the time to look. Neither did I.

I hid behind a pillar as I noticed a Death Eater passing by. I only got a glimpse of platinum blond hair and stormy eyes as they sauntered by. I recognized him immediately. There was no doubt that it was none other than Draco Malfoy. I held my breath, not daring to even move an inch from my position. My wand was tightly clutched in my hand in case somebody tried to ambush me from behind. He slowly approached the pillar, and for a second, I thought he wasn't going to see me. Or even if he did, he wouldn't squander his time trying to coax me from my concealed locality.

I was in the wrong.

"(Y/N)?" His cold voice croaked. My name sounded weird coming from his lips, especially since I haven't seen him in a year. I didn't reply, keeping my breath held and my guard up. He turned on his heel, and I could hear his footsteps getting closer to me with each click of his shoes on the marble floor.

"(Y/N)!" He cried, attempting to encage me in his arms. I took various steps back from him. "Get the fuck away from me, you monster!" I growled, pointing the wand in his direction. "(Y/N)... please don't be like this..." Draco sighed. I shook my head, taking a few more steps away from him to create some distance between the two of us.

I felt a mix of fear, nervousness, anger, and relief. I didn't want to say anything that would make him think that I wanted to be his again, even though we both knew that it was true, whether I informed him of it or not. Go away, go away. I don't want to see you, especially right when we're in the middle of a battle, on opposite sides of the cause.

"It's okay... I'm on your side." Draco mumbled gently. I laughed at this, though it was a dry, humorless one.

"MY side? MY SIDE?! That has to be the biggest fucking lie I have heard in my entire life. You are not on my side. That mark that you have there on your arm says otherwise. Do not start spewing a bunch of bullshit like you usually do." I spit out, the disbelief evident on my face.

Tears streamed down Draco's face, and I knew I had caught him in another desperate lie of his. I wanted to run up to him, wrap my arms around him... but I knew that I couldn't console him now. Not now, not ever.

"I miss you..." his voice cracked slightly, and his tone seemed genuine. I lowered my wand down to my side. Draco noticed this, so he decided to take one cautious step towards me. I bit back my tears as he was an arm's length away from me, and then soon after, I was enveloped in his arms, my head pressed against his chest. "I'm so sorry..." he kept whispering in my ear over and over again like a broken record. I buried my face into his chest, soaking his shirt with my own salty tears.

"No, no. Don't cry. It's gonna be okay, baby." He cooed, slightly pulling back from the hug and gingerly wiping my tears with his thumb. "Why'd you leave?" I sobbed, clutching onto the collar of his shirt. "I missed you so much, you jerk!" I screeched again. Draco placed a soft kiss to my forehead. "I know, babe, I know. I'm here now, though. Am I not? This is real. You're right here in my arms." Draco replied soothingly.

"Draco!" A voice yelled from behind us. Theodore? Draco whipped his head around, facing the boy with the messy curls. "What, Theodore?" He replied in an annoyed tone. Theodore grinned, "I have good news. The war's over!" He exclaimed in elation. Draco's jaw fell to the floor. "Really?! Thank Merlin!" He sighed out, squeezing me tightly with his arms.

A sudden thought popped into my head, and I lifted my head from Draco's chest.

"Harry? Is he alive?! Theodore, tell me he's not dead!" I exclaimed fervently. Theodore shook his head, "Barely, but he's alive." Draco's jaw tightened, but I ignored him, knowing he was going to act like this when I mentioned Harry.

"Your parents are looking for you, Draco." Theodore warned, his tone stern. Draco only shrugged. "Whatever. They can wait. I have something I want to do first." Draco mumbled. Theodore sighed in annoyance, walking out of sight.

Draco turned me around so I faced him. A little smile was playing at his lips, and I couldn't help but smile as well. He slowly leaned in, closer and closer, until finally our lips crashed into a sweet, quick kiss. He pulled away, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and pecking my lips once again.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

End