Prologue

NIGHTSTAND GIRLFRIEND

By: tweety-src-clt9

PROLOGUE

It's been a very stressful day at work. As the only new graduate of the Auror Academy to ever be granted senior status, all eyes were on him. Not only that, due to his defeat of Voldemort nearly four years ago, there was so much pressure on his shoulders. He was on top of his game in all of his missions as indicated by his astounding numbers of one hundred percent capture rates and zero casualties.

And then, this fiasco happened...

He led a team of five aurors on a wild goose chase to capture Antonin Dolohov, one of the last four Death Eaters still on the loose after Voldemort's death. When he received a lead regarding Dolohov's suspected whereabouts, with gritted teeth, he immediately informed the Head Auror and volunteered to lead the mission. Antonin bloody Dolohov ranks the highest on his shit list because of what the bastard did to Hermione during their fifth year. So, this mission is damn personal to him.

Long story short, the mission was a complete failure. Turns out, whoever gave them the tip must have been imperiused by Dolohov to lure them into a trap. When they arrived at the supposed hideout, he nearly lost a comrade because of the fire and explosion that greeted them as they searched the place. While he wasn't blamed for that incident, the anonymous smug letter that Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt received about the entrapment operation turned the tables against him.

The Head Auror, who had always been too strict and too stern with him, decided to punish him for his rash decision and poor judgment. So, he got called in this morning only to learn that he is suspended for one week. Of course, he's not the only auror to have ever gotten a suspension, but being the Man Who Conquered or whatever moniker the press is calling him now, he is certain that the papers will be making a headline out of his temporary dismissal from duty tomorrow morning.

He wanted to grump about the unfair treatment but he decided to just let it pass. Besides, at least he gets a week off work. He just feels frustrated that the Head Auror doesn't understand his predicament. This is Dolohov for Merlin's sake! Antonin fucking Dolohov who almost killed the most important woman in his life many years ago. He would never feel at ease when that bastard is still hiding somewhere...

Sigh.

When he is feeling down, there are only two things that could keep him calm. One, a heart-to-heart talk with Hermione Granger, the smartest witch he has ever known. Or two, a feast at his favorite Thai restaurant. Since he cannot disturb Hermione right now because she is surely focused on her many projects at the Department for the Care and Regulation of Magical Creatures, he's left with option number two.

So here he is... brisk-walking the familiar path towards the hidden Asian culinary gem he and Hermione have come across during one weekend they spent together two years after the war.

When he pushed the doorknob on the glass door, he smiled. There's just something about the Xahar that makes anyone who enters feel happy and at home. The ceiling lights illuminate the cozy Southeast Asian restaurant through the lanterns strategically scattered above, which reminded him of the Loi Krathong in Chiang Mai, that he and Hermione got to see during a side trip after successfully restoring her parents' memories.

"Sawadee Ka!" A waitress wearing a modernized skirt and blouse combo made of Thai silk greeted cheerfully.

"Hello. Table for one, please."

"Nay Potter, alone today? Where Saw swy My-nee?" Mr. Amudee, the owner of Xahar, greeted with a quick bow. Since they were regulars, they eventually befriended the owner and they even get special discounts. Mr. Amudee even calls Hermione Saw swy which means 'beautiful girl'.