The Conversation After Dinner

NIGHTSTAND GIRLFRIEND

By: tweety-src-clt9

The Conversation After Dinner

With a firm grip on Hermione's yule ball picture, he hurriedly followed his best friend down the stairs. He could feel his palms start to sweat as his heart is erratically beating in his chest. This confession could only go two ways. One – she feels the same way and they live happily ever after. Two – she only likes him as a friend and things could get awkward. He knows that regardless of her feelings for him, their friendship would always be intact. His only real fear is rejection. He cannot bear to have his heart broken by her. Or worse, she'll only be with him out of pity. The significance of this upcoming conversation is so surreal because he's kept her picture, along with its implications on his real feelings, ever since his fourth year. This secret has spanned for almost eight years.

As he reached the last step, he took a deep calming breath. Time to toughen up, Potter! You can do this... It's just Hermione. If she turns you down, she'll be gracious about it... He inwardly winced at his poor attempt at pep talk.

When he entered the living room, he stopped himself from groaning out loud. The bloody seductress is now lounging on his couch while attempting to remove her stilettos. Since the room was dark and only illuminated by the flames emanating from the fireplace, her back along with the rest of her porcelain skin, is radiating this certain glow that is just so sexy.

"Harry?" Hermione's voice startled him from his reverie that he almost dropped the picture. Snapping out of it, he walked towards her.

"Hey 'Mione," his voice laced with nervousness.

"Before we talk, could you help me remove the pins from my hair please?" She had a sheepish look on her face as she turned to him.

He shook his head in fond exasperation while grinning at his best friend. Hermione seldom fixes her hair in some fancy style because her naturally wild curls are really difficult to tame.

"Anything for you, love," he winked which made her chuckle.

"Well, what are you standing there for, Potter? Get to it!" She huffed bossily as she shifted to her side. He sat beside her as he gently placed his beloved picture on his left. With a flick of his wand, he cast a Lumos charm so he could see the pins in her hair. From up close, he could see that the pins had crystals attached on its tip making them sparkle. Since he was so caught up with watching her face and her body, that's perfectly highlighted by the little black dress, he didn't notice the detail of the pins on her hair.

"Do you want some wine, tea, or coffee 'Mione? Since I owe you a lot for tonight, I have to treat you like a queen," he whispered against her ear as he gently removed the first bejeweled pin from her long curly locks.

"Wine would be fine, thanks," she said breathily.

"Alright... Wine it is. Just relax... I'll take care of you," his lips grazed on the skin on her nape. When she shivered, he mentally did a victory dance. It seems that the delectable Ms. Granger is not as immune to his charms as he initially thought. Maybe Ron's right. It's time I get my bloody act together and ask the woman of my dreams to finally be my girlfriend for real... With that in mind, he plans to up his romance game. First, using a summoning charm, he set a bottle of Hermione's favorite Cabernet Sauvignon along with two flutes on the center table. After that, he stood up from his position on the couch to have some music in the background as they enjoyed a quiet night together. He wants to set the romantic vibe for his big confession. When everything was prepared, the lull of sweet jazz music reverberating in the living room, he resumed his position by her side.