The Lies He Told

NIGHTSTAND GIRLFRIEND

By: tweety-src-clt9

The Lies He Told

It's already six in the evening and Harry Potter is pacing all around the master bedroom of 12 Grimmauld Place. Saturday has finally come and in an hour, he is scheduled to meet the Dursleys at the Xahar. Truth be told, he is bloody nervous about this meeting. So many things could go wrong during their upcoming dinner. One, he's worried that the Dursleys would immediately see through his and Hermione's charade. Two, little Teddy Lupin will have to accompany them during dinner because Andromeda has an impromptu appointment. While he loves the little tyke very much, he's going to have a hard time reining in Teddy's talkativeness. What if Teddy blurts out that Auntie 'Mione is just Uncle Harry's best friend?

Since Teddy was still in the shower, his mind drifted back to his after-lunch visit to Ron and Luna...

With Teddy settled on his hip and the little tyke's arms wrapped around his neck, Harry apparated the both of them to the Lovegood-Weasley house at St. Ottery Catchpole. When they landed outside an oddly structured three-story house that reminded him of a hybrid mix of the Burrow and the Rookery, he glanced at Teddy and the boy understood his look. Teddy excitedly knocked on his Uncle Ron and Auntie Luna's home.

After waiting for a few minutes, the door is finally opened by a clearly tired and disgruntled Ron. Harry bit his bottom lip to stop himself from laughing at the look on his best mate's face.

"Whadda you want?" His ginger best friend said grumpily.

"Good afternoon to you too Ron," he snorted.

"Shut it, Potter! You don't understand babies and witches who just gave birth," Ron huffed as he beckoned them inside.

"Oh... So, it's that kind of problem. I thought we interrupted your couple time," he said the last two words with a playful leer which earned him a smack on the chest.

"Just because you're suffering from blue balls because you can't bloody ask our female best friend out, doesn't mean you can joke about my non-existent couple time. Honestly! Witches are just so mean after giving birth," Ron retorted.

"I don't know what you're talking about mate," he feigned ignorance because if he showed any sign that Ron was on to something, then his secret feelings for Hermione will be discovered by someone else.

"Why don't you put Teddy down on that couch over there. After that, you and I will have our long overdue talk in the kitchen," the serious look in Ron's eyes made him gulp.

"Teddy, why don't you go sit on the couch and I'll conjure some toys for you. Uncle Ron and I will just go talk, okay? Just tell us if you need anything," he looked at the little boy who nodded with a grin. Setting Teddy on the couch, he conjured a toy unicorn and a ball for his godson before he followed Ron to the kitchen.

"Anything to drink, mate?" Ron asked and he shook his head.

"Before we start talking, I need to tell you the reason why I'm here," he started.

"Alright. Go ahead," Ron nodded.

"Can you and Luna watch over Teddy for me this afternoon? Hermione and I have dinner plans with the Dursleys this evening – "

"Hold it! You! You and Hermione have dinner plans with the bloody Dursleys? How? Why? Explain!" Ron was aghast. His penchant for histrionics on display.