Chapter Two

"Move!"

"Run, come on. Twenty more laps to go! Move it!" Aerly shouted to the group of warn out looking warriors as their feet pounded against the dirt. The girl was a relentless trainer with high standards which she insisted on pushing through. By the next morning, Aerly decided she would embrace her new role everything she did was for the Sanctuary so if she couldn't be the leader she would take the role she was given and give it her all.

"We don't usually train them this hard" Mitchel spoke running beside the girl as she kept a steady pace making sure no one fell behind. He was clearly a warrior with his large stature despite his age he still seemed sturdy and strong.

"Well, you should especially now" Aerly kept her eyes straight ahead ignoring the older man's deep gaze.

"And why is that Aerly?" his tone almost mocking.

"My father was a powerful Alpha once, Mitchel by his reputation alone most haven't bothered us but now... My little brother is a strong fighter but he isn't an Alpha if a strong Alpha comes here my brother will undoubtedly submit... So if he is in charge I want the warriors to be as strong as they can be" Aerly explained her thought process. The older man slowly nodded his head following along her words as he jogged alongside her.

"This wouldn't have anything to do with jealousy, would it? We all know how much you wanted to be the leader of the Sanctuary, Aerly" the words were simply insulting, to say the least, and Aerly held her tongue suppressing a growl.

"I am looking after the pack. I've not hidden my disappointment over the situation but I am loyal to the Sanctuary. If my brother is in charge I will accept it but I want what is best for this place" she answered simply her face still holding a stone-like hardness. There was no lie to her statement Aerly had always wanted what was best for the place nothing more nothing less.

"I will take on board your thoughts" the man suddenly slowed to a stop "but they are still my warriors to train and order" Aerly stopped herself from running hearing his words. Her full lips twisting and while her jaw tensed at his obvious wording that Aerly's opinions didn't really matter.

"Mitchel--" she began but the bearded man shook his head dismissing the young woman.

"Finish up your run now! That will be it for today" Mitchel began ordering.

"They need more training" Aerly argued. Her voice would always become higher when she was angry it always annoyed her more and always made her feel weaker like she was a meek little girl.

"Are you forgetting what the time is?" Mitchel questioned.

"Oh..."

"Check the time" he simply replied. Aerly turned her shimmering silver eyes to the sky. She had been so busy she hadn't even noticed the sun now high in the cloudless blue sky making her automatically realise she was late and her father was going to be furious.

--

With no time to change Aerly raced across the clearing. She desperately wanted to take off into the woods really letting the wolf inside her run loose with her paws pounding against the dirt but instead she would have to face her family and a bunch of purebloods in her work out clothes with a nice glaze of sweat across her tan flesh. Her bare feet raced as fast as she could not even being able to savour the grass tickling the soles and toes of her feet.

It didn't take long for Aerly to get to the centre of her precious Sanctuary and nearing her father's house. It took her by surprise seeing the unfamiliar vehicles parked nearby it wasn't common for the old pack to drive if they were to travel it was usually in wolf form one of few things she could relate to them about. Her father's irritated gaze was the first thing she noticed, she already knew his disapproval of her being late and she could only imagine his thoughts on her clothes. Her father was one of the only people who were able to have an effect on her confidence but Aerly wouldn't let it waver today, not with guests. The young woman pulled the hair tie free and let the waves of honey-coloured hair cascade around her.