Chapter Twenty-Two

It was like some sort of arena from gladiator times. The packs filled the rows of seats that surrounded Aerly. A large circular like stadium stood around her while the Alpha female stood on the dirt as they all watched in anticipation of what was about to come.

"Hey, Gorgeous" Julian wolf-whistled for her attention as he stood in a square booth a few feet above her "in case you don't have enough incentive" he flashed a large grin before the sounds of chains jangled which caught her attention a vicious growl left her lips as she saw the state of her mate with a silver chain on his ankles, wrists and neck "just like old times cousin" he giggled like a child before turning his attention back to Aerly "did he ever tell you that story? No... I suppose he wouldn't" Julian spoke looking between the two "when we were boys Raiden spent the summer with us... The last summer you spent with us wasn't it, cousin? A weak little boy he was we used to drag him around by silver chains" Julian leaned closer to Raiden who stood stoically showing no sign of pain "feeling the comfort of nostalgia dear cousin?"

"You were weak and still are" Raiden growled out his voice gravelly and pained "had to play your stupid games to get me in these. Let me out and see who would really win."

"Now, now Almighty Alpha, it isn't your time to fight. It's hers" Julian spoke pointing a single finger at Aerly while Raiden's eyes widened with concern.

"Leave her be, Julian" Raiden began to struggle against the chains wincing at each movement.

"Enough, your stunning mate agreed to fight now let's not delay her any further" Julian waved a hand dismissing Raiden on the matter.

"Julian! Leave her!" Raiden snarled.

"Enough!" Julian shouted over his cousin "let the fight begin" Julian called to the crowd.

"No, no, no" Raiden repeated but it was too late. Large gates opened in the fighting arena and a large man came into view. His torso covered in tattoos right down to his meaty fists practically the size of Aerly's head, he was intimidating, to say the least, but Aerly stood her ground as he got closer until he was close enough to begin an attack. A punch to his ribs was deflected but the kick to his shin hit causing him to stumble, she was lucky that his size meant one thing to her a slower fighter so Aerly attempted to strike fast while dodging his attacks, three sudden strikes to the ribs caused him to wince as he continued to attempt his attacks but to no avail none landing. Aerly knew she was a good fighter but if one hit landed she knew she would be done for so she continued to play dodge. A kick to the chest, a punch to the face they were few and far between she didn't land until finally before another strike he captured her arm and a collective gasp was heard amongst the crowd as he began to drag her closer, Aerly struggled with all her might to release herself but she couldn't pull herself free from his mighty iron grip then finally it came his large fist wound back and before she knew it landed straight against her eyesocket causing Aerly to stumble but again he pulled her back and released another vicious blow to her face which would no doubt leave it bruised and swollen. Aerly lifted her leg and went for a cheap shot just to escape his brutal blows and aimed for his knee cap, lifting her leg and letting the heel of her foot hit right against the knee, he growled and almost dropped but it was enough that he loosened his grip and she could wiggle away but with her eye swelling and face burning it was harder to concentrate which made it easier when he captured her once again this time by her hair and dragging her in again before giving a harsh hit against the ribs causing the young Alpha to double over and gasp feeling the crack of the bone under her flesh but he didn't stop there he just pulled her up by her hair again as though the man was trying to scalp her while his assault started once again to her face.

"Release my mate!" A vicious loud growl sounded out through the arena as all eyes landed on the furious Alpha, fangs were elongated and claws were out it was though Raiden saw nothing but red, the silver chains that burnt his flesh seemed like nothing when he ripped them off leaving fresh burn marks on his skin but Raiden didn't care his eyes were set on the man attacking his mate. In a single bound he leapt from the balcony of the booth and into the arena where the man held a bloody Aerly. Raiden released another growl before lunging at the man he was quick to drop Aerly once that happened attempting to fight off the Alpha male who was struggling to keep himself in human form, Raiden knocked the man to the ground growling so loud it almost shook the arena Raiden began a What seemed like a never-ending attack on the man's face.

"Raiden" Aerly attempted to interfere with her sputtering voice as blood dribbled from her lips but nothing could capture Raiden's attention the man had hurt someone that in Raiden's eyes belonged to him and he would stop at nothing till the man's end and he did. Strike after strike till there was a bloody mess and Raiden was panting like he ran a marathon. While the man looked like he had been beaten by a truck.

"Aerly..." Raiden spoke softly his bloody fists releasing as he made his way over to the silver-eyed woman who remained on the ground. Her one good eye focused on the man now covered in sweat as he slowly approached her. Raiden knelt down beside her his wide blue eyes watching her beaten face before reaching out to cup her cheek.

"You interfered, Cousin..."