Through her past | Chapter 1

This story Is a countryhumans au based on my oc Kaila. See her form on my oc book ^^

This also is my first time writing something angst-ish so please don't go too hard on me DX.

Amazing cover by:PastaCOrnQwQ ^^

If you don't like it, don't read.

Rain poured harshly as the cold wind hit the little girl, causing her to shiver. Her chocolate brown hair was disheveled, her clothes were rugged. She was barefoot and soaked by the rain. She appeared to be a girl of 7. Small tears leaking from her silver eyes.

A black cat made its way towards her. The little girl tilted her head in confusion.

Her hand reached out towards the cat. She wanted to pet it. Once her hand made contact with the it, it panicked, scaring the child slightly. The kitty ran away from her.

She brought her hands back to her recent position, hugging her knees tightly.

Asta mga pusa takot sa akin..’ --(‘Even cats are afraid of me..’) She thought.

The girl stood up and walked around the highly populated city. She was asking the locals for help, even the slightest bit. Yet, people only look at her in pity, soon walking away from her.

Tabi ka nga!-(Move it!) A tall male threatened, pushing the young girl aside harshly.

Aray! ’ -(Ow!) she thought. Flinching as her small figure hit the hard pavement.

Not long after, she felt a hand softly pet her head as she suddenly, no longer felt the rain hitting her fragile body.

The child looked up, only to be met with a young woman, smiling brightly down at her. The woman was holding an umbrella, shielding them both from the rain.

Hi, anong pangalan mo? ”-(Hi, what's your name?”) the woman asked.

“....Kaila po”-(It's Kaila) the little girl replied, fiddling with her fingers.

The woman smiled warmly as she handed Kaila a bag of bread.“Heto Kaila oh”-(Here Kaila).

Kaila looked at the bag of bread, then back at the woman, her face filled with confusion.

The woman let out a soft chuckle, “Sa iyo na yan”-(That's yours now).

Kaila let out a small gasp and hugged the woman tightly.

Maraming Salamat po!”-(Thank you so much!), She thanked.

The woman then gave Kaila's head one last pet, before walking away.

Every ounce of kindness...is appreciated greatly.

Kaila looked up. The dark clouds were decreasing as the rain slowly stopped.

She opened the bag and took out a piece of bread. As she took her first bite, warmth spread throughout her body. She finally had food!

While walking around, she noticed a family the same state as she was in, or probably worse. There was a mother and two female children, both clinging closely to their mum.

She suddenly felt the need to help. Not bothering to think twice, little Kaila ran towards the family and handed them the bag of bread.

The family was surprised, nevertheless excepted the offer. They exchanged their goodbyes as the little Kaila walked away.

—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—

Grey clouds filled the sky as teens endless chattering can be heard from in and out of the classroom. Kaila continued to study, ignoring her loud classmates.

At the age of 9, Kaila was transferred to an orphanage in America. She was surprised to have made it this far. Despite the fact that no one has adopted her-I mean, who would want to adopt a teen?

Now she is currently in her 2nd year of junior high school.

She wasn't able to make friends. Instead, her main focus was to become a lawyer, wanting to decrease the toxicity of society even the slightest bit, so she spent most of her time studying.

Her difficult past resulted to her bitter and cold personally. She hated the world and sometimes wished to be somewhere else. Though she wouldn't want to leave without fulfilling her role.

“Why can't they be quiet for just a minute? Their teens, for goodness sake... mga bobo-(idiots)” Kaila grumbled, seemingly annoyed.

The bell rang, signifying that the current school day was now over. Students slowly decreased from the classroom, leaving Kaila by herself.

She stood up, packed her belongings and walked towards her apartment.

—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—

Kaila was now in college in the United Kingdom.
Her course? Politics.

She was finally closer to fulfilling her dream.

She moved out from the orphanage at her last year of high school. She knew she has no hope of getting adopted..and she was fine that. She had enough money for her apartment, food, water, and electricity, and she had a scholarship for college due to her outstanding grades.

This young woman's view of the world and society hasn't changed a bit. Yet she still kept her love for helping the poor, who she once was.

Upon walking home, she stopped halfway, eyes aimed at a dark alley. Her expression still as monotone as ever.

“Rule number one, don't go into a creepy alleyway” she stated, walking towards the dark alley.

Once she got near, she heard a bang, as a trash bin fell down. Though, there was no one there but her.

Ay hala, aswang”-(Oh no, a ghost) she said, her voice filled with sarcasm as she walked deeper into the alley.

She looked at the ground, seeing little piles of garbage everywhere. Her face scrunched up in disgust.

“People are disgustin-” Kaila's sentence was cut short as her head painfully hit against the wall. Leaving her unconscious.

................................

“What is she doing here?!

“Listen, she can help-”

“How can mere human help, dad?!”

“Why did you bring her here?”

“No offense sir but I highly disagree on this.”

“Look. Britain and I have an explanation.”

“Yes, mom please explain!”

Loud bickering of three? four? or more voices can be heard from the slightly open door.

Kaila found herself in a fancy room, laying in a soft queen-sized bed, hearing an argument from outside.

She tensed up, not knowing where she was.

She stood up from the bed and found her bag,  bringing out a pocket knife. She slowly made her way to the slightly open door.

“Son, she's a lawyer.”

“So? Dad you said it yourself; no humans in the countryhuman world!”

Countryhuman..?’

She peeked out of the door...only to find humanoid countries?

“Da fuq?” She blurted out.

The focus was then turned to her.

‘Aw crap’