Warmth to Melancholy | Chapter 3

Kaila was currently brushing her hair, getting ready for another painful day of college.

It was rather early, 5:46 am, to be exact.

She expected her housemates to be asleep at this hour, well...second thoughts on Germany.

She made her away downstairs and suddenly felt the need to check on her friends. Yet she decided not to, worried that she might disturb their sleep.

She had enough time left, so she decided to make a quick breakfast for her housemates. She left a little note, just in case they'd get confused.

A warm smile crept its way to her face. As she exited the house and made her way towards her local university.

-----------------

Kaila was at the Library, focused on her studies. She opened her phone, only to be greeted with messages of her friends, wishing her good luck on her study.

"Wow guys, how cheesy~"

Her face transitioned from a smile to a monotone expression as she shook her head and went back to studying.

------------------

Day has just ended. She was currently packing her belongings.

"You did fine today...ok?..." She mumbled to herself, stopping to the sudden realization.

She shook her head.

"Why am I talking to myself?"

Walking down an empty hallway, her eyes darted to the window, she noticed a faint rain.

She let out a shrug and continued to walk down the hallway. Now at the gate, it was raining more than she expected.

She noticed a female student, looking up the rain. She seemed to have no umbrella, the same as herself. A male came towards the unknown female student, offering to share an umbrella, to which, the girl agreed to, leaving Kaila by herself.

She felt herself shrink. Suddenly she shook her head vigorously.

'Why am I even eavesdropping?' 

She began walking, ignored the rain hitting her, as she had experienced the shower, several times before.

On the way home, she came across a child, who reminded her much of herself in the past. She was scraping around the trash.

The little girl suddenly got pushed over by a man, letting small tears drip out from the her eyes.

Kaila felt a strong tug, on her heart, resulting in her to grip her chest.

She quickly approached the little girl and offered her some money. The child eagerly accepted it. Kaila saw the joy in the little girl's eyes, to which she engulfed in a hug.

"Use it wisely, ok?"

The young child nodded. A bright smile plastered on her face. Kaila ruffled the little girl's hair and waved goodbye. Making her way home.

She felt a little gloomy. She didn't know why.

Our dear protagonist entered the house, whom she shared with three countries.

"Hey Kai, how was your da-oh you're soaking wet."

"Yeah, thanks for pointing it out Joe. and my day was fine."

"Do you need help with any studies?"Germany asked.

"No, I'm fine. Where's Ruski?"

"He's in his room."

"Alright, I'll be also in my room.”

She closed the door and placed down her bag, soon finding herself slouching on her bed.

"I'll get sick at this point..." She sighed, standing up and preparing a bath.