7

Sitting in the middle of your two older brothers in a car is not ideal. They're both big, muscly giants, I barely have room to wiggle a finger. Usually I'd complain and as the only girl in family of boys, not to mention that I'm the youngest, the 'baby' if you will, I used to get my way. However, the thick silence choking the car made me cower back slightly.  

Seán was on his phone, a permanent frown etched between his eyebrows. Oh boy! He won't appreciate those premature wrinkles later in life. Maybe I should tell him, hahah he'd definitely love that. Ya know do the good sisterly thing and help him out for the future. What else is family here for?

Bonus uimhir a dó, it might lighten up the vibes in the car, get a little laughter between siblings. I know I don't want to live with them, but I did miss them this last year. I really want to enjoy the little I have with them now that were reunited, albeit only for a short period.

You heard that right motherfuckers, only a short period. Hope you didn't think I'd go down that easy. Ok so Operation Coffee Beans wasn't a success but as the saying goes if plan A and plan B don't work don't worry there's 24 letters in the alphabet. Plan A being the OG plan... just staying away and never being caught. We can scheme later, now is family time.

I clear my throat ready to make a jab at Seán. Just as I'm opening my mouth to talk Cian's elbow jerks slightly as he turns to face me and jabs me in my stomach. I make a noise somewhere between a strangled penguin and a goat in labour. WOW Elena now no one's gonna think something's wrong. his elbow had just so happened to land right on the fucking stitches, the bane of my current existence.

Thinking quick, in a feeble attempt to cover up the excruciating pain in my abdomen, I start belting out the first song the springs to mind, which just so happens to be 'Best Song Ever' by One Direction. Like literally the most abstract song to pop into my head. I was never a fan of them and haven't heard this song in years.

When I saw I belted the song is was more of a weak cry and I was quickly cut off, for the betterment of everyone's hearing, by the looks of my brothers.

"What the fuck was that Ellie?! You sounded like you were dying" Seán laughed.

Point 1 for Elena. Although I didn't have the heart to celebrate the achievement of at least making one of my idiot brothers smile because I my main priority right now was to recover from my pulsing side. Unshed tears swarmed my eyes while I begged for them to go away. On instinct my hand shot focal point of the pain, trying to ease it by applying my hand as pressure.

After a second I realise the compromising position I'm in. Quickly, I move my arm and force a big smile to spread across my face. Cillian eyes me through the rear-view mirror to look at me, I mean really look at me. Pain was shooting through my body from my stomach, but I'd be sentencing myself to prison if he knew. I cover a groan of pain with a nervous giggle. It was definitely believable since I had every right to be nervous under a mafia boss's scrutiny.

My smile was fading, it's fucking hard to keep up this facade. I could feel my face drain of colour when Cian decided to speak.

"Is something wrong mi principessa?"

Obviously, I couldn't trust my voice because the unreliable nuisance would crack with the sheer amount of pain I am in. I decided to settle with the trust shaking if the head.

His face came right up to mine and just hummed in sarcastic agreement. My brother's not an eejit but I thought my impromptu singing and acting was pretty danm good.

"you see", he continued, "that isn't a normal reaction for a light nudge in the stomach, is it Cillian?" He glanced over towards the front seat where Cillian sat. He was facing ahead at the road but was solely focused of this conversation.

"I wouldn't say so, nope Cian. I know our Elena's never been much of a singer but bloody hell she can certainly sing better than that. In my opinion it sort of sounded like she was in pain or something."

"mmm...I'd have to agree with you on that. Funny coincidence really, I actually noticed that side was giving her a bit of bother earlier as well in the train station."

Royally fucked. They were using this tactic to scare me. and it was 100% working.

Through this little charade these two fuckers were playing, Cillian exited the highway we were on and had managed to find an abandoned car park to pull over. Their game was up and now they were gonna confront me. I think I would have cared more is it wasn't that all my energy was enthralled in the pain from the slash in my stomach, which I am 7/10 positive at least one the stitches had ripped, again. *eye roll*

Cillian gets out of the car and makes his way Cian's side. Cian gets out two and Seán also makes his way over to that side. Once the three had gathered they looked at me.

Cillian held out his hand for me to take but nope. No. Nuh ah. No way. Never gonna happen. I'm gonna stay right here in the middle prolonging the confrontation in denial for as long as I can get away with.

Well that didn't last long as strong hands wrapped around my biceps and tugged to the edge of the seat, so my legs were dangling out of the car and I was sitting facing my three older brothers.