Chapter 10: Two Broken Hearts

It was cold, dark, lonely...I was alone in this dark abyss once again. This time, however, I could see...

"Lady Gaara, are you fully prepared?" Akki's voice growled. "It has been hours since I have awakened you and given you this body! Please, mistress, do what I ask!" he pleaded.

"Yes, caster, I am ready to kill." I felt a smirk spread across 'her' face.

"Good, your target is the Higarashi family, you will find and kill them. It will be an easy task, considering this girl was so easy to defeat." he laughed.

"Mmm, so I will be killing Inuyasha Higarashi? How wonderful." she smirked again. I gasped,

No... an image of smiling Atsushi appeared in my blank mind...No! If they attack...he might...he might get hurt...No! No they...they can't... I was interrupted by evil laughing. Both Lady Gaara and Akki were laughing uncontrollably. I frowned at them, not that they could see me...or could they?

                                                           ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Atsushi's  P.O.V.

"I...I can't do this anymore...Atsu, Atsu save me!"

I woke to thunder and lightning, screaming. Tears fell down my face like a waterfall. "I-I-Izumi!" I panted as another bright orchestra of light filled the sky. I wiped my eyes and stood, I shook and wobbled until I could stand straight. I felt weak, but I had to ignore that for now. My best friend had been ripped from my life and I need to do something about it.

"She...needs me." I whispered to myself. I began to walk the way the demon took Izumi. I tried to use my nose to pick up her scent...that got me thinking...her scent...her beautiful scent of a spring waterfall, falling gracefully into a clear pond, the pink petals of cherry blossoms floating slowly among the gentle ripples. Tears rolled down my cheek as i thought of her beautiful golden eyes, and that pitch black hair she has, flowing down to her shoulders. And, the most hurtful thing about her of all, her smile...that smile could instatly clear all of the grey clouds in the sky, until nothing but blue is left.

I kept going, but the already-foggy air grew even foggier as i kept thinking about my best friend. Izumi...I miss you. I miss your smile and your...your... I stopped walking, a river of tears fell to the dusty path in front of me. How I longed for her to be able to hear my cries for her. I fell to my knees once again, I covered my face with my hands and began to cry out her name again

"I-I-Izumi. Izumi, come back to me...please. I-I need you...I-I-I love..." I froze and my hands fell to my lap what...what did I just say? I said...I love her...I love her? IZUMI...that name...it belongs to the strongest person I've ever known. Her voice was the voice of an angel...the angel that saved my life. But...she's gone now... at that thought, I recovered my face and kept crying. I-I-Izumi, I- I love you...please give me courage to come and save y-you...please, Izumi, give me a chance...please, give me a chance to prove my-my...to prove my love for y-you...p-please.

Izumi's  P.O.V.

I sat in the dark, alone, waiting, longing for the moment I could see Atsu again...but, I was terrified, that the next time I did see him, he'll be far from my reach...too far, he might be gone, forever. I could sense the power emitting from this demon that has taken over my body. She is powerful. Maybe even too powerful for mom and dad to defeat...I'm scared. Atsu-Atsushi...save me...please.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!! so sorry if this sucks, but I had the worst writer's block this week...anyway, I tried my best, and I got Atsushi to finally realize is love, but idk really how to make Izumi realize hers yet...anyway, sorry if it's crazy short...Luv u guys!!!!! I'm too lazy to do shout outs, so, I'll just say, Hope you like it!!! <3<3<3

                                                                                        -Savvy