𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕚𝕖

•─────────★•♛•★────────•

AFTER GETTING OFF of the call with Max and Harvey, it was the only time my insides started to churn and my nerves started kicking up on me. My family and I got into the studio without a clue on what the boys were singing for the Final except for Kiss You which they had already mentioned the day prior. Last I saw the boys was the other night when we went to Winter Wonderland. They've been busy practicing and they fell asleep earlier than usual so the only time I got to talk to Max was during their break times.

"Hey, love, why so tense?" The sweet and gentle voice of Aunt Tessa cooed, breaking my train of thoughts.

"Oh it's nothing. Just nervous for the boys is all. The usual." I shrugged with a small smile. She smiled back and wrapped a comforting arm around me.

"They'll be fine and they'll do great as usual. Whatever happens tonight, whether they win or not, will happen for a reason." She smiled at me.

On a usual Saturday, I'd rebut and explain how nervous I was and how no one would ever understand. Somehow, Aunt Tessa's calm and reassuring voice worked and got the job done right away. I felt as if everything would all fall into place later and that there was nothing to worry about.

But there was a crippling inch of fear running up my spine and into my brain. I wasn't sure what I was afraid of and why it was there in the first place. Trying to avoid the thought of something bad happening was starting to become a tough task that afternoon.

When we got to the studio and we were allowed entry, we went straight to the backstage special tent for the finalists friends and relatives with the Millses and all of the boys' other friends. Everyone was on edge and there was no trying to hide it. Despite everyone's high hopes for the boys, there was still a sense of nervousness lingering around everyone.

"Charlie!" An ecstatic Emily greeted me with a tight hug.

"Emily!" I beamed as I hugged her back. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you more, smelly." She said as we let go. She towered over me a lot more now since I last saw her.

"Cinnamon Shortie!" Tom greeted as he hugged me too. I saw him more recently than Emily but his height still caught me by surprise.

"That's me." I chuckled at him calling me by Max's contact name for me on his phone.

We all chatted amongst ourselves and spent the time distracting ourselves from the nerves running through our veins. When the show started and everyone got even more nervous. The crowd did the cheering for us since we were too nervous to move at all. I felt like I needed a support to help me stand on my weakening knees.

V5 did a splendid rendition of Mariah Carey's Christmas hit. They were amazing as usual. Their glamorous outfits and their choreography were on point. It was hard to believe that these were the girls I was with just a few nights ago. I didn't regret it though. I loved having them around.

Jenny Ryan was phenomenal as usual. She was too good and she was definitely competition. She came a long way from here and she deserved it just as much as all the finalists did. But I couldn't enjoy her performance as much as I wanted to with the butterflies in my stomach growing wilder by the second.

It all happened so fast. Jenny was being escorted off stage and the boys' short video played before their performance. The sight of them made me smile. The clip of them visiting our old primary school warmed my heart. They insisted that I come that day. It was so nostalgic to be back at the place where we made so much memories in. Being there as teenagers, we suddenly realised how everything seemed so small and how, as young kids, we used to think that the world already used to be so big.