Angel of Death

"Angel you can't keep doing this. You can't keep killing people and expecting me to cover up for you."

"I know Biju, trust me I know. What was I supposed to do? Anjali is still missing, and I have no idea what to do. That man-" she shudders, "was a pervert. He doesn't deserve to be alive if he thinks women are below men." Angel responds, crossing her arms.

"What actually happened?" 

"I- I went..." she takes a breath. "I went to see the progress on the case, only to find that they. Don't. Care." Her eyes water as her voice trembles. "5 girls went missing this week alone. And they don't care. Out of those 5, 1 has returned but her return wasn't publicized.
Biju sighs. "At least you're smart about it. I hope your thankful now that your parents forced you into medicine. Else, you would have been caught ages ago without the knowledge or tools."

"I guess, my dream is still to be an author though."

"Well whatever you do, remember this: you are Angel Asirvatham. A Goddess. An Angel of death for those who've done wrong." He smiles, patting her hand.

••••••••••••••••

"Michael, what are you doing bro? You quit your high paying job? What are you going to do now?" A woman yells at him, watching him sit down on the sofa without a care in the world.

"Akka, how can I stay silent? Padangala vara maathiri police ellarum corrupt ah irukirangal. Ennala appadi ellam vela seiya mudiyathu." He replies, stretching.
(Just like we see in movies, the police is corrupt.  I can't work like that)

"Eppadi unnala maatum ippadi calm ah iruka mudiyum? Gnabagam irukira, Appa enna sonnar indhu?"
(How can you stay calm at a time like this? Remember what Appa said?)

Michael's eyes gloss over at the reminder of their late father. Their father was a rowdy, but a good one. He fought to keep their small village safe, but was constantly against the police who wanted nothing to do with their village but were constantly brought back due to his fighting. Michael closes his eyes and remembers their father's last words.

 Michael closes his eyes and remembers their father's last words

Royappan: Bigil-u...

Michael: Appa...

R: Paarungo, rowdy thanam enna engai kondu poi vituruku... Idhellam unaku vendam Bigil-u... Nee Police aahungo... Police aaha inda gramathuku nellathu seiunga...

(Look where being a rowdy brought me.... You don't want to be a part of this.... Become a police officer... As a Police do good for our little village...)
End Flashback

"Akka, Appa-ku theriyilla inda kalathil Police ellam eppadi irukirangal indhu. Therinja enna Police aaha solliruka maataar. Police, rowdy, there one in the same now. Only difference is that one gets a government salary and the other doesn't. Actually now more rowdies are doing good than police officers."
(Akka, Appa didn't know that now a days, the police are like this. If he did he wouldn't have told me to become one.)

Elizabeth (Michael's Akka) sighs. She knows that she won't be able to stop her brother from helping others just like they couldn't stop their father. "So what's your plan then? To become a rowdy like Appa and start fights with the police?"

"Che che" he smiles, his finger on his chin. "Athukum mela..."