Mysterious Girl - Newton x OC x Aziraphale - part 2

Aziraphale frowned in clear upset whilst Crowley grimaced beside him, leaning against the doorframe in in pity as he watched the group of people shuffle around the large room.

They hadn't expected this from the cheery girl, never in a thousand years, but watching the girl desperately follow a volunteer as she rocked her child, they could see it as clear as day. She was scared.

Cautiously, they followed behind her until she was in a small room filled with baby cots and a few mattresses that had women and a few men sprawled across, each snoring and cooing at their children.

That's when they picked up the hushed whispers of the volunteer and the girl. "Are you sure you want to do this? We are working on finding everyone a stable job, starting with the people with children." The volunteer sounded almost heartbroken, but also determined, confusing the pair.

"It will give her the best chance she's got, right?" The poor girl had already started to cry, her voice breaking as she spoke, causing Crowley to squint at her before quietly muttering 'oh'.

"What is it?" Aziraphale asked, before he also said oh, watching as the volunteer handed the woman some papers claiming that the baby is going up for adoption.

"Come on, we need todo something about this." Aziraphale fumed, leaving abruptly, Crowley following quickly behind.

"And what do you plan on doing, Angel."

"Adopting that baby."

"Excuse me?"

"Excused." Aziraphale shot back, "and then I'm going to reunite them with their mother."

Leave a vote and a comment if you're bothered.