Chapter three: Shalom

We meet the girls today. They will be here in one hour, Alden is always so calm with these things. I, well I normally do tons of research before anything. With this the only sources of information on it are my parents. I have asked them a lot of questions but they just keep telling me to stop worrying, that everything will work itself out. I don't see how they think that, I tried asking Tally what she thought before she left last month but she just said that I was being to much of a bother, that she had other things to do. She is really nice to everyone else, but she is always quite hostile toward my brother and I.

I am currently studying the schedule for the next few weeks. I am memorizing which girls are set to be at the palace first. I haven't seen any of there information packets yet I have just read the list with all their names on it. A couple of names stood out but I can't be sure yet of course. I am so nervous. There is only 45 minutes before we get to see them. What am I going to say to them. 70 girls. I think I am going to go talk to my mother, she is always very calming.

I walk slowly through the halls, taking the most time to get there because I know that my brother and father will also be there discussing other things. Alden and father are very close, where as I prefer mothers company. Don't get me wrong I love them both very deeply, but my mother and I have always been closer.

I approach their adjoined study,

" Maxon the boys will be fine. Everything will work out smoothly." My mother tells my father. Maybe I should turn around,

" I know America, but there were so many rebel attacks during our selection because they didn't want the royal line to continue, what if they decide to strike again now?" father counters worriedly. I really shouldn't listen

" Maxon it will be fine there hasn't been attack since right after Tally was born. We got rid of that new group right away by negotiating with them. We also have August and his group watching out for us." Mother answered sounding exasperated. Well I guess it's too late now, because here comes Alden from the other end of the hall way.

" Hey Shalom. You ready? Silvia wants us downstairs to talk about the day. Again" he rolls his eyes. I nod and follow him back to the great room.

When we get there Silvia is waiting with Stavros to tell us how to address the ladies, how to be polite when we don't think they have a chance and to give advice on how to break the news to the girls who are leaving right away.

~~~

40 minutes later.

Alden and I are seated at the head table with mother and father, all of us wearing our crowns, waiting for the girls to enter the room. My palms are clammy and my leg is bouncing a million times per minute. Alden looks cool as a cucumber, he is poised properly and has a neutral expression. Though if you know him well enough you can see in his eyes that he is also conflicted. Mother and father are smiling and whispering to each other, they have their hands clasped together on top of the table. The moment the door opens we all stand together, my mother beams at us, my father wears a proud grin. Turning towards the door I hear excited whispers and the clattering of high heeled shoes on the marble flooring.

Leading the 70 women are Silvia and Stavros. Stavros is helping this time around because there are just so many girls. I catch small glimpses of golden, auburn, and brunette hair rounding the corner. So far I have a smile plastered on my face and the few girls who have begun to swarm in are looking as anxious as I feel.

The first interview. 1.)

First up is Caroline Rachel Samont. She has green eyes, chocolate hair and a small nose. She is pretty.

She tells me that her favorite hobbies include archery, gymnastics and golf. Caroline seems interesting enough, after a few minutes of her explaining herself to me, she asks me what I think of having 70 girls who want to be my wife right here?

" Oh! Well it is definitely not what I am used to." I answer as I see Alden send the signal to move on to the next girl. I stand take Caroline's hand and shake it telling her it was nice to be introduced. I send her back tot he great hall.

**********************************************************

Ello buddies,

Thank you all for the help with the names! I will try to write more of the interveiws soon, but with school and the play I'm doing this Christmas I am getting really busy again. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I tried very hard to show that the boys are very different people.

Love you all,

Vivi <3