Chapter 22

The woman casually walked into the building nodding 'hello' to the man at the front desk. She wore a business suit with a briefcase to match. She strutted up to the elevator hitting the 'up' button. The elevator dinged and she stepped in casually listening to the elevator music. She reached the fifteenth floor and strolled into the room at the very end. When she stepped in she placed her briefcase on the provided desk and clicked it open. Pulling on gloves she grabbed little bugs placing them on picture frames, under the desk, and behind the t.v and coffee pot. She had no doubt they would be found very easily, but they were there as a diversion. She set the timer for an hour and a half from them and hooked them up to the curtains and outside the windows. Quickly running out of time she snapped her briefcase she briskly exited the room and continued down the hall. Upon reaching the elevator a couple exited to who she gave a brief nod before entering the elevator herself with a smirk.

    Exactly one hour and twenty-five minutes later the same woman sat in the hotel across the street with a telescope aimed directly on the room. She had changed into a pair of leggings and a black tank top enjoying a bag of chips as she listened in on what was happening in the room.

"No!"

"That's why I didn't tell you."

"You risked his or her life for-"

"I risked their life to save many more."

"What an unfortunate turn of events that I will be reporting later."

And then the timer went off and an explosion sounded across the street. The room lit up in flames causing a chain reaction across the floor and then the rest of the building. The windows were shattered and screams could be heard from the street. The woman looked in her telescope to see the couple. The woman was unconscious, but the man was trying to drag the two of them out. When he collapsed, from exhaustion or pain she didn't know, a group of firemen made it to them and successfully pulled them out of the building, placing them in ambulances. The woman smirked before dialing a specific number in her phone.

"Hey, it's me. Phase one is complete. You won't believe what information I have for you."

Thousands of miles away sitting comfortably in an office was another woman with a smirk on her red-stained lips. The information she received had just solidified a phase of her plan that she thought she would have to scrap, but now that was the part she was going to focus on.

"Excellent."

    Three years later the woman with the red-stained lips had relocated to small-town along with a couple of her team members

    Three years later the woman with the red-stained lips had relocated to small-town along with a couple of her team members. She had moved into a house close to the high school, living nearly two steps from the front door. Her associates, however, had moved in across the street from a cream-colored house with green shutters. They went undercover as a couple of women who just finished their term in the military and wanted to settle down peacefully. This cover gave them an excuse for any possible odd behavior and a conversation starter with their neighbors.