Little puppy

" I can't believe mom would leave for her business trip and not tell me good bye!" I stout out as I walk home from school. Today's been a long day. All I want to do is relax and watch another anime.

As I walk by a alley, I hear what sounds like a dog whimpering. 'What's that?' I think as I stop and look in the dark alley. I stay there in the same spot contemplating if I should investigate what made the sound.

After a long moment I decided that I should check it out for myself. As I walk further in the dark alley, the sound of the dog whimpering gets louder.
I stop by a box that right next to a dumpster. 'The sound is coming from the box.' I think as I go to touch the box.
When I lift up the box I see the most heartbreaking thing know to man kind.

A little cute puppy laying down with blood on its paws. My eyes go wide as I take the puppy in my arms gently as to not hurt or scare it.

Time skip to when she is home ~

"Finally home." I say before going straight to the bathroom to heal the little cutie in my arms. 'If mom found out that I brought a dog home she would probably make me get rid of it.
I'm thankful that she's on her business trip now.' I think as I let out a small sigh of satisfaction.

After I'm done with healing the cute puppy I get some water and ham from the fridge to feed him. He eats like he hasn't eaten in days. I have a sad smile on my face as I look at the puppy.

"What should I do with you?" I ask knowing he won't answer me back. I think for a moment before a big smile finds it's way on my face. "I think I'm going to keep you." I say petting his fur.

"Now... what should I name you?" I think for a minute before smiling. "How about Max?" I say thinking about how it's a lovely name for a cute puppy.

Max was the name of my dog that died when I was a little girl. I miss him very much❤