Chapter 1: The winter storm

Four years later

The wind blew across my face as I was walking to the castle to meet up with Anna. Me and her have been friends ever since I've gotten here. Course I was supposed to meet her parents but couldn't since they passed away a year before. I was confused as to why so cold during the summer but shrugged it off and kept walking. Today was my birthday and she said she had the whole day planned out for me. Last time she did this we ended up getting drunk. I hope it doesn't have to deal with that. I went to the gate and saw the guards talking but stopped when the saw me.

"Won't tell princess Anna, would you?" one asked.

"Nah, I'm not that cold hearted." I replied going in.

They both sighed in relief and I chuckled. I entered and went to the ball room and saw Anna picking at the chocolate. I chuckled and went up to her.

"You know, I think those are for the party." I said standing next to her.

She jumped and looked at me with her cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk filled with nuts but instead, it filled with chocolate. She swallowed and hugged me tightly.

"Happy Birthday Jimmy." She said smiling.

"Thanks Anna, so is this going to be like last time where we get drunk or is it going to be different?" I asked looking at her.

"Trust me I do not want to get drunk again." She said causing us to both laugh.

"True, especially when we woke up next to each other naked." I said laughing causing her to blush madly.

"Hey I thought we agreed not to speak of that again." She said punching my arm lightly.

Yeah, that was one interesting night we had. Not that I didn't mind, she is attractive and she's fun to be around, but I see her more of a sister than anything else. She did say she had an older sister but she ran away when she was young. Well that's what her parents told her. We started to head to her room so she could get dressed for the day. I waited outside and looked out the window and saw that it started snowing. I was confused and scared at what I was seeing. When Anna came out, she was dressed in her one of her summer outfits.

"I think you should change the attire," I said. "It's no longer sunny out."

"What you mean it's no longer sunny out of course... it... is... oh man there goes my plans for today." She whined.

"You don't think it's weird in any way?" I asked looking at her.

"I do but it's upsetting," She replied "I had most of the events planned for outside."

"There, there, I'm sure we can find something to do inside." I said patting her back.

"Yeah, well we can play some games in side." She chimed as she grabbed my hand and dragged me back to the ball room.

We then got the party started. Thirty minutes later, it was cut short because one of the guards came in. his arm was injured. I ran to him when he fell on the ground.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"Snow monsters attacking from the mountains, we can't hold back anymore." He replied in between coughs.

"What are they after?" I asked looking at him.

"I. I don't know." He said before he passed away.

I got up and sighed. Anna knew what I was planning and she knew there was no stopping me.

"Got to do you what you must do huh." She said sadly, "Well be careful out there. Don't get yourself killed."

"Me get killed nah, plus I have to protect you from that pervert Hans." I said patting her head.