44 - "Share a slice of cheesecake?"

"Hey!" Diya greeted giving her friend with a tight hug.

"Hello, I'm so glad you are here."

"Come on. I promised to stay by your side for every moment till you get married." Diya pattern her back.

Khushi Mehra, Diya's best friend since college days. Khushi and Diya had not lost contact even after they graduated from college.

The bond between Diya and Khushi had been more like sisters than best friends. Since day one they had been close friends and now too they had the habit of sharing things or news with each other.

It had been years since those days had passed. Khushi was getting married. And Khushi needed Diya even more than her own mother by her side for all the rituals and ceremonies.

Diya had already bought with her her strolly bag containing her stuff for the week. At the moment they had decided to meet at a cafe post which Diya would head with Khushi to the latter's house.

"Hello." The next Diya greeted was the groom, who was none other than Khushi's college sweetheart Omkar.

"Hello." Omkar too gave her a hug. "How are you?"

"I am good. How are you?"

"I'm good too."

The three of them took their seats at a table.

"Honey, what will you have?" Omkar asked looking at Khushi.

She read through the menu. "I'll have a latte... and ummm..." She glanced at him. "Would you share a slice of cheesecake with me?"

"I'm going to share my life with you, why would I not share a cheesecake?"

"Omkar." Khushi looked at him. "I am marrying you in a few days. You now have me already. You can take the cheesiness of your lines a step down now."

"Alright," he said as he flagged down the waiter. "But remember these were some of the lines that bought us and kept us together."

"What will you have Diya?" Omkar asked.

"I'll just have a cappuccino."

Omkar ordered as he handed the menu cards back to the waiter. "Two cappuccinos, one latte and one cheesecake please."

"Okay Sir."

"Thanks."

"So... did you ask him?" Diya asked once the waiter left.

"Yes." Khushi replied.

"And?"

Khushi and Omkar nervously looked at each other.

"What?" Diya asked confused. "Let me guess he refused." Diya Looked away with disappointment and leaned back in her seat. "I knew it... I unnecessarily kept false hopes."

"Whoa hold on!" Khushi exclaimed making Diya look at her. "He agreed."

"What? Really?" Diya asked with a broad smile in her face. "Then why were you looking at each other like anxiously?"

"Just some fun." Khushi winked.

"Khushi..." Diya chuckled and shook her head. "But thank you so much. I know it must have been really difficult to convince him."

"It was." Omkar agreed.

"But Omkar did it." Khushi touched his arm. "After all he could convince me to marry him. Convincing Rohit must have been a piece of cake."

"Okay, you need to stop mocking me." Omkar looked at Khushi. "I am going to be your husband in a few days."

"You knew what you were marrying into when you proposed." Khushi chuckled.