(iii) Gideon: "The Crossover."

Warning: there's a timeline difference between all the books

(iii) Gideon: "The Crossover."

"Okay, this is nuts," Harvey growled before turning into my side and burying his forehead in my shoulder, making my arm instinctively tighten around him as I marveled over the fact that none of what we were doing was fake

"Okay, this is nuts," Harvey growled before turning into my side and burying his forehead in my shoulder, making my arm instinctively tighten around him as I marveled over the fact that none of what we were doing was fake. He was only by my side because he wanted to. "Seriously, what the hell am I supposed to audition for?" He pulled away, a cute pout curving those plush pink lips, "I absolutely have no idea what I'm good at besides football."

"You fishing for compliments, Rem?" I tweaked his nose, aware that we were in public and no one had stared or whispered. Here at a town more than 3000 miles away from home, we were just regular teenagers goofing around, and never before had it been so awesome to just blend in. "'Cause it sounds an awful lot like you are."

"Yeah, sure." Harvey rolled those azure eyes of his, still not making a move to pull away. I wondered if he was even aware of what he was doing, and the effect it was having on me. "I've done zilch to prepare for a national level competition because I'm waiting for you to tell me how good I am at this mystery skill I possess. Yep, I'm definitely that desperate."

"Sarcasm becomes you." I laughed, shaking my head. We had just arrived at the corridor outside Claude's Grand Auditorium a few minutes ago, the outer walls of which were lined with the notice boards. Since there were numerous contests being held with detailed rules and regulations for each, the information was spread all across the huge wall, which had, in turn, led to us splitting up as we looked for the details that interested us. While the online website had been clear enough about everything, stuff like last-minute changes, the venue, the list of the judges, etc. had been only put up a couple of hours ago. Plus, we had all been excited to just go around campus and have a look, because the hype surrounding Hillbridge Uni was just too much to resist.

"And looking all 'round lickable becomes you." Harvey moaned slightly before wrapping his arms around my neck and pulling me close. All protests about keeping it PG died the moment our lips met, stroking that dormant fire of need in me that never really seemed to completely die. It was always there, an awareness in the back of my mind, burning brighter and hotter than a star when he was close, and fading into a dull curl of heat otherwise.