1000 years

"GRANDPA RYU!" Apis looked like she was going to run directly into the sea to rescue the slowly sinking dragon.

"She can't swim!" Nami screamed, "she's eaten a devil fruit!"

"I'm on it!" Usopp jumped into the sea and swam to the small boat.

You watched as Luffy talked to Ryu. He was too far away from the Merry for you or Nami to hear what he was actually saying.

Nami's eyes narrowed, "Those bastards..."

"Well," you looked towards the flagship, "From what Smoker told me, this is something Nelson would pull." You gritted your teeth as the obnoxious flagship fired a harpoon at the dragon, "Selfish obese bastard."

Luffy caught the weapon easily, and threw it back towards the flagship, "BASTARD!"

Nami whooped, "I hope it hit that fat-ass!"

"Well he is a very large target according to my sources. I would be surprised if he misses."

"LET ME GO! GRANDPA RYU NEEDS ME!"

"GUYS, COULD USE A BIT OF HELP HERE!" Usopp was in the little rowboat trying to restrain a struggling Apis.

With your help he brought the resisting girl onto the deck. Nami tied her tightly to his back.

"GRANDPA RYU NEEDS MY HELP!"

You jerked a thumb at your captain, who seemed to be talking to the dragon again, "Cap's with him, so you can be certain that Gramps will be safe. No offence, but what would you be able to do?"

"She's right," Nami smiled, "You and Ryu are our friends, and Luffy wouldn't let anything happen to a friend."

You rubbed your temple absentmindedly, "Besides, I think his wish has been fulfilled..."

"What?" The three of them turned to you, well Apis turned as much as she could considering she was facing the other way.

A mild tremor ran through the ocean, shaking the Merry.

"GYAA! THE ENTIRE OCEAN IS SHAKING! WHAT'S WITH THIS SEA?"

Turning to Nami, you tapped your chin, "Well Mello has a theory that seems pretty convincing. Don't you think the name 'Millennial Dragon' is a little odd?"

"I guess..." She tilted her head and crossed her arms, "I thought it referred to their life-span or something..."

"GRANDPA RYU! HE'S ALIVE!"

You looked over your shoulder as the dragon arched his neck and roared again. The sound wasn't as loud or as aggressive as when he roared before; you thought it sounded slightly melancholy.

Apis paled, "Grandpa ryu..."

"What's he crying for?" Usopp stood with his back to the railing so Apis could get a good view.

You smiled sadly, "It really does sound like he's crying this time, doesn't it?"

"He's calling them," Apis' eyes widened.

Nami and Usopp looked confusedly at each other.

"The Millennial Dragons scattered around the world," Apis tilted her head, 'The time has come,' that's what he's calling."

'That was nice deduction, Mello. It seems you were right' You could feel his smug satisfaction.

"I'm sorry Nami, but maybe they weren't named after their life-span." You grinned as dark shapes started to form on the horizon, "What if, they were named after their migratory period."