chapter twenty two

**A few weeks later**

ARIANA'S POV

We had one show left in Chicago for the lollapalooza festival.

It had been an emotional few weeks with the release of 'Boyfriend'.

Everyone suspected I had ended it with y/n but she was still very much by my side.

It was her new favourite song and she knew all of the lyrics before it was even released.

I had a lot of ups and downs which made it difficult for y/n to calm me.

If I wasn't talking with my family, I'd be on the phone to my therapist.

I knew y/n wasn't feeling great either, she was getting really home sick and it didn't help that I was being so distant.

We kept having little picky fights doubting each other that they didn't feel the same any more. It was hard and took a toll on both of us.

We were back at my beverly hills home. She often got up early in the morning and went for a jog around the neighbourhood.

By the time I woke up, she wasn't there beside me to say good morning or let me give her a morning kiss.

I thought that she knew how hard dating someone like me that's damaged and famous. I knew she was scared about what would happen if things didn't work out and we'd go our separate ways.

I wanted to talk to her because we were arguing too often.

I woke up yet again without her by my side again.

I walked downstairs and began to make myself some breakfast.

I heard the front door and I knew it was y/n. She came into the kitchen and I stood there speechless.

Sweat was dripping down her body and her body looked more toned than it did a few weeks ago.

We hadn't touched each other since my birthday and we both felt incredibly needy but none of us wanted to make a move first considering the constant arguing that was tearing us apart.

"Good morning," I said and she looked up at me from patting the dogs.

"Good morning babe," she said making me feel happy.

"Can we sit down and talk?" I asked and she sighed with a nod. We sat down on the couch and she ran her fingers through her hair.

"So, I think we both know how draining this arguing is and I want it to stop," I told her and she nodded slightly.

"I know that you're feeling homesick and I haven't been there to distract you. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that my emotions have got in the way of our relationship," I say with tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"I should've turned to you for support seeing as you're my everything and I don't want that to change over silly fights. I love you so much and all I want is to wake up with you and to love every inch of you again. You're so special to me and I don't want to lose you. Please y/n..." I sob as she wipes my tears away gently with her thumb.

Her watery eyes looked into mine with sorrow.

"I would never leave you. I love you too much. I'm so sorry if I came off as anything but loving. I wouldn't change anything about you, when you hurt, I hurt and that's all it is, nothing more. I'm sorry that I gave up on you, I didn't know what to do and I didn't want to hurt you but I ended up the hurting us both," she said as tears fell from her eyes.

"And yeah I'm so homesick, I didn't know how draining this would be. I love you so much and I love being around you but I miss home," she said while crying.