Part 2

Gerards pov

Heavy breathing.

The tightening in my chest from being terrified of all the people who could hurt me. Making me back into the walls corner that was out of view of the cameras. Shaky hands and limbs, taking deep breaths. 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3
A calming exercise I've learned over the years.

Go.

Was all Frank said, and that was enough to get Gerard going. Running. Running, running, and running. The nurses and doctors tried to stop me, but I didn't let them. I wouldn't. I couldn't.

I just kept running until I got to the fence and climbed up over it, now they were all outside. I ran into the woods behind the hospital as far and as long as I can go. Running, running.
I didn't stop unless he said

Stop

And that's what I did. I ended up stopping at a lake, a nice clean clear lake that I could see my ugly reflection in. The one with the long black hair, and the sunken in eyes. The one with pale flakey skin and dried and chapped lips. That was me. I looked insane. If that was possible. Which it probably was.

I just stood there for hours. Before continuing walking. I didn't know where I was going. But I didn't mind. The voices I usually hear are quiet. It's peaceful and scerene.

As night came I slept in a tiny cave area out of sight, the moon light hitting my face.
Then morning. I woke up with dirt and mud in my hair and all my clothes were soaking wet because I could only assume it rained last night.

I got up and shook my head, walking around aimlessly. I knew where I was headed now. Home. Because I haven't seen my mom, dad, or brother in years. So, I was off to New Jersey. Didn't know what direction it was in, but I just followed my instincts.