25

: LET MY PEOPLE GO :

I watched as the Ladies were huddled together in pain and sorrow. I looked over at the guards who were walking around making sure they checked all injuries.

What the hell happened in here?

"Are you okay?" I looked over at Sarang who weakly came over to me.

"I should ask you that." I said an she shook her head.

"If you are okay I'm fine, plus if anything we would feel the same pain since we have matching cuts." She said and I smiled touching the bruise on my cheek.

"What the hell happened?" I asked and she looked down at her feet terrorized.

"I'm not quite sure myself... It was at night." She answered her eyes still to the ground.

"Three men came in while most of us were sleeping. They stood and watched over us for a while before they started splashing us with cold water. Then they started beating us mercilessly, left and right harassing the women.... I tried to protect the older ones but i was thrown to the side and knocked out."

I nodded listening to her story not understanding why they would attack these poor women. 

What the hell was Kyungsoo up to?!

We sat there letting the sorrowful aroma consume us, although i was slowly becoming angry at the thought of what happened.

"WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!" I looked up as a lady stood screaming the question again.

"WE HAVE BEEN HERE FOR ALMOST A YEAR, FOR WHAT?! 

MY CHILDREN DON'T EVEN REMEMBER ME BY NOW? OR THEY COULD'VE DIED! 

WE HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING BAD WE HAVE KEPT OUR HEADS DOWN AND DONE OUR PART YET YOU COME IN HERE TORTURE US, STARVE US, AND BEAT US WHAT HAVE WE DONE WRONG?!" 

She began crying her anger becoming more in to sorrow and self pity. Her rant continued bringing out emotions in me.

When I signed up for the revolution this was what I was trying to protect, the people. The ladies in here depended on me and I let them down when they needed me most...

"Ma'am please calm down."

"Or what? You'll kill me?" She asked looking over at the soldier who was trying to calm her down rather politely.

"Go Ahead do it, Kill Me, KILL ME!! END MY MISERY!!" She yelled holding on to him as she begged for him to end her life.

Two ladies stood up crying along with her as they tried to get her off of him. They began pulling her of of him but she quickly latched on and took the gun that was in his holster.

"YIEUN PUT THAT DOWN!" Yieun held the gun out to the other two that were helping her earlier.

"Ma'am g-" She pointed it towards the guy. 

She took steps back making those who were around her move and clear a space.

"Ma'am I need you to calm down..." He said. she shook her head pointing the gun around in a scared frenzy.

I stood up quietly making sure I was right behind her.

"S-Since you wont end me, I will end myself,"

I stood there shocked as I watched the Gun move from pointing at the rest of The Den, to herself.

She cried out the names of her children telling them she loved them and wishes to see them. 

Nuzzling it close to her neck as she removed the grip of safety on the gun making it ready to shoot. She moved her finger to the trigger hesitating to do it but alas...

I moved before I could think of it quickly moving the gun away from her. it was still pointing up which was ideal so no one could really get hurt. 

She screamed as the gun shot off putting a bullet into the Ceiling.

I could tell she was shocked because I saw how close the bullet was to her face when it fired.

I threw the gun to the soldier and held her as she was in my grasp shaking in fear.

"Why would you do that?!" I asked her she stopped crying for a minute and looked at me.

"Wouldn't you?"