Chapter 5 - Sam's POV

I got up. My stomach ached and I had a terrible migrane. My arms, legs, everything was weak. I could barely see, let alone stand. But I did. I had to. I had to find Kate and see what was wrong.

I searched our homeroom, the front yard area, the back yard area, and all her classrooms. I couldnt find her. I wanted to talk to her so badly. 

I was about to give up, then I saw Sherill.

"Sher! It's Sam!Wait for me!" She stood there and waited. I limped across to her.

"I've got to go Sam, I'm on the plane in two hours." She said. "I wanna say bye first." I said. "I'm gonna miss you, and every day I'll think about you. I will send you letters and we can talk over the phone, and-" I was interrupted by Kate yelling from across the hall. 

"DON'T TALK TO HIM!" She yelled. "HE WAS SMOKING AND MAKING OUT WITH CAYTLIN IN THE BATHROOMS! HE MADE OUT WITH OUR ENEMY!" She yelled again. 

"What! I've never smoked in my entire life and you know I hate caytlin, why would I-" I stopped. Sherill started to walk towards Kate, slowly but without regret. "Sher?" I said, a perplexed look on my face. "Please, Kate, Sher, I would never..." But I was too late. They were halfway across the hall and they hadn't looked back. I lost them. Both of them. The only friends I've ever had.