Lucy

A childhood horror story.

Lucy.

Once Upon A Time,

There was a girl, a girl who had everything she asked for. She lived in a house, a home that was nothing but white. Except inside the windows, it was dark inside. The girl sat by the windows looking out to the trees. The tall oak that comfortably sat across the road. She watched as the Fall leaves danced in the crisp air. Another girl about her age skipped across the grass and chased a red leaf floating in the air. Her brown hair flowed behind her, She watched as the girl picked up a small figure. The girl in her window titled her head and leaned closer at her sudden curiosity. The girl outside held a doll in her hands, it was so strange to her. She had never seen such an interesting thing in her seven years of childhood.

The girl that was watching, the girl in the dark windows, in that white house. Her name was, Lucy.

Lucy was a young girl, she had short, curly, blonde hair. But never in her life never did she ever have a doll. Today was her 8th birthday, she was so excited. She continued to look out the window. She then saw her Grandfather pulled up in his nice black buggy. Lucy's eyes lit up in joy and ran out of the sewing room and into the bright hallway with family portraits.

Lucy then jumped down several steps and almost lost her balance when she hit the solid ground. but that didn't seem to stop her, she continued on her quest to hug her grandfather. She then ran past her mother, out the side kitchen door, and in the dirt drive-way.

'Maybe I should stop running.'

Lucy thought to herself because her heart was beating against her ribcage. She then slowed her pace and watched as her long legs slowed and she could see her white shoes and ruffled socks again. Lucy stopped halfway to her grandfather. Lucy had on her mothers choice of a cream dress that came to her knees. Tool was placed under the skirt and lace wrapped around her shoulders where it ended. A white ribbon wrapped around her waist an created a bow in the back.

'I hate these clothes!'

Lucy protested in her mind. She didn't like it when her mother chose what she could an couldn't do. It made both of them inflame with hatred. But mother always won, because mother knows best. Lucy would happily disagree, but that wasn't even close to an option.

"Oh, my sweet Lucy. You have grown so much!" Her grandfather closed the door to his buggy and held a unusual box behind him. "How long ha it been?"

Lucy had to think about it. Last time she saw him was at his work place. He was a wealthy lawyer that supplied Lucy with every thing she wanted, if her mother approved.

"Eight days exactly!"

Lucy smiled and ran toward the hairless man, at least that's what it looked like on his head. She then gripped on his casual shirt and brung him into a bear hug.

"Let's go inside so we can open your gifts." Her grandfather was always interested in Lucy. It was like the daughter he never had. Lucy then nodded in agreement and lead him into the kitchen side door.

"Lucy, why did you run out like that? A proper lady never runs unless an emergency."

"It was, Grandfather is here. He wants me to open his gift first." Lucy twisted his words and made her mom twitch in a way that wasn't excitement.

"Here you go my darling." Grandfather held a large box covered in brown packaging paper. To most kids it would be confusing to have such a strange color. But to Lucy this was his normal kind of wrapping material.

Lucy didn't hesitate to open the gift and quickly ripped off everything. She was speechless, she held it up to everyone to see. It was a precious little doll. The doll was almost identical to Lucy. The only thing different was that the doll was chubbier. Lucy hugged the box tightly, this was what she truly wanted. A swinging door caught Lucy's attention. She snapped her head up and notice her dad walking in with a blank expression.

"Father! Father, this at what Grandfather brought me for my birthday!" Her father looked up and immediately smiled and walked toward her.

"How wonderful Lucy, I am so happy you got what you wanted. Love you!" And with that his kissed her on the cheek. This was Lucy's glory moment. But little did she know that this was her last night to live.

To be Continued.....