Lucy- Part 3

Lucy- Part 3

It was the silence that scared Lucy the most. There was nothing but silence. Lucy was in her cream nightgown and laid on her bed exhausted. She cuddled herself with her blanket and thought about her birthday. The taste of her mothers strawberry moist cake.

Thats when the other memory entered her mind. Lucy now convince herself that it was nothing to worry about. It was her imagination blinding her from the truth. Then why was there scratches on her ankle. Lucy pressed her knees to her neck and placed her fingers on the evidence traced on her left ankle. Her thumb softly rubbed soft circles around the scar and whimpered under her short breathes.

A faint noise caught Lucy's attention. She didn't sit up, but she sat still and listened closely to the noise. It was her door opening. Not her bedroom door but the side kitchen door. Maybe her father was home. The lighting and thunder came to a rest. But the pitter patter of the rain still entered in her ears. Lucy then thought of the girl she watched earlier that day. She had a doll. Did she go through the same experience of the torture and horror that Lucy went through?

"Lucy."

A whispered echoed through the house. Lucy's eyes widened and the hair on her neck prickles up like a porcupine in defense. Lucy covered her ears and refused to listen.

"Lucy."

The eery voice still made it's way to Lucy. She then quickly hopped out of bed and ran down the hallway without looking back to her room. Her mother was fast asleep. Lucy stood at the end of the bed and rubbed her mothers shoulder.

"Mommy." Lucy shook her shoulder this time, "Mommy!"

"What, Lucy?" The agitated voice shot more fear into Lucy's eyes.

"Can I sleep with you?"

"No, go back to your room." Her mother sloppily pointed and mumbled something along the lines of don't come back.

Lucy ran back to her room and jumped on her bed as a safety net. She pulled the covers up to her mouth and watched for the horror that awaited her.

"Lucy, come play with me."

The doll replied with an evil twist to the voice. Lucy shook her head, not like the doll could see her. Light footsteps entered her ears and a bright flash of light entered her eyes. The hallway lights were flickered on and Lucy felt somewhat form of advantage.

"Lucy, I'm on the first step!"

Lucy ignored the bitter tone and closed her eyes. A tear streamed down her face. Lucy never thought this would happen.

'It's all a dream!'

Lucy screamed inside of her small head. It was her birthday. Not some form of twisted freak show.

"Lucy, I'm on the last step!"

Lucy was now fighting the urge to scream. She shut her eyes tightly and refused to open them.

"Lucy, open your eyes."

The next morning was quiet. Lucy's father still hasn't made it home. Her mother woke up peacefully. She took a hot shower and took her time getting dressed. She then looked inside of Lucy's room. Lucy wasn't there. The wasn't a surprise to her mother. Lucy was an early bird. When her mother reached the down stairs she walked into the kitchen.

Her mother then staggered back at the sight she saw. In blood a sentence wrote,

'You should've known I would get to her.'

Beheaded, Lucy was stapled to the wall with butcher knives. Her mother screamed and ran toward the door wanting no part of it. The smell of blood entered her nose and invaded her bubble. Lucy's mother then ran out the door only to trip over a figure. Her mother shot back up on her feet. And turned around on her heels losing her balance. Once she staggered to a halt, the little dolls smiled greeted her.

Happy Halloween ;)