Chapter 6 ~ Deus Ex Machina; Call Me God

Now, Gabriel wasn't one to meddle. Well okay, that was a lie. He loved to meddle, but he didn't like fighting and he definitely didn't like helping the Father-damned Winchesters. They had this dumb "I've got to save the world" complex that you would think would disappear after years and years of being absolutely fucked over by Heaven, Hell, and Houston. This, however, was a very strange case indeed since here he stood, believing he had come to someone else's rescue when in reality he was helping the same people he swore to avoid at all costs. Life really was a bitch to him, huh.

Now, as Gabriel watched a very stressed out Castiel titter about his unconscious boyfriend waiting for him to wake up, he debated on whether he should have ignored the God Alarm or not.

"I'm so happy to see you again," said Leto as she stood, flexing her wrists and stretching. Gabriel watched her true form expand and then return to normal. Her ugly ratted dress was repaired and her hair returned to a nice looking ponytail. She even sent the little girl home and took all the memories of the night away. With a smile, she opened her arms invitingly and Gabriel just couldn't say no to that as he accepted a hug from her. She pulled back, scrunching up her nose before poking him in the chest, "Who would've thought the rescuer of the day would be Loki himself."

"Ye of little faith." he said, acting offended at the notion he wouldn't come to her aid. Leto's smile softened and she said, "I am glad you came, Gabriel." she looked over at the Winchesters who were piled up on the ground as Cas inspected them again and again for a bullet wound.

"Come on bro, you don't trust the master here? They're fine." Gabriel would never admit it but he actually was mildly offended Castiel didn't seem to trust his healing. Honestly it was just insulting.

Turning back to Leto, Gabriel asked, "How did you get grace to send out a memo anyways?"

"When the hunters arrived and Castiel opened the door I thought it was Elpis and I lashed out with some power I had been saving up. Instead, I accidentally got him," she grew bashful and awkward as she continued, "I felt so bad, but when I realized he was an angel I took some grace and sent out the message you got. I felt so horrible about it too, because I know what grace means to you all."

Gabriel nodded his head, puzzling it together. Castiel finally walked over, looking from Leto to Gabriel as if expecting an introduction. Gabriel let Leto take the lead as she stuck out her hand, "Hello there, Castiel. I am so so sorry for turning you into a child, I thought you were someone else." Castiel looked at her hand for a moment before shaking, "Who are you."

"Oh, yes, I'm Ms. Lisa. Or you can call me Leto. I'm the goddess of motherhood."

"I am Castiel, an angel of the Lord."

Leto grinned and held his hand, "I know sweetheart, and you're doing great work with those boys. Don't feel like you're expendable, because you are so, so valuable and important both to your team and the universe."

Gabriel rolled his eyes. Leto had an affinity for knowing exactly a person's emotional weakness and immediately appealing to them; not because she was malicious, but because she genuinely cared. It was one trait Gabriel admired about her as she continued to ramble on about how Castiel apparently didn't value himself enough as a person.

Cas seemed baffled by this and pulled his hand away slowly while looking to Gabriel for help. Gabriel decidedly did not do that.

A baby crying caught everyone, except Leto, off guard.

"Oh!" she said as she wandered over to where the figure had been standing (before Gabriel heroically arrived to save the day) and bent down to pick up a bawling infant who was as red as a beat. Leto cooed at the baby and wiggled a finger playfully and Gabriel had to ask, "Why are you keeping her alive? She trapped you for months and killed a bunch of kids, right?"