3. Australia 2008

Walking out of the bar into the chilly night air a million things were on Nates mind. A Million and 1 is probably more precise. He had just broken up with his long time girlfriend Sarah, got a pay deduction at work, hadn't seen his mum in a few months, totalled his car and that's just the tip of the hell hole which was Nates present life. Turning around the corner of the alley he suddenly ran into a small running wall.... Okay it wasn't a wall, to him it felt like it though. In actual fact it was a beautiful young girl who was now sitting flat on ass crying softly. "Oh shit are you okay?!" Nate exclaims helping her up. The girl with beautiful blue eyes, messy brown hair and a small scar on her cheek looked up at him dizzily. Her eyes couldnt stay focussed, she was shivering and shaking and there was a big bump on her forever swelling up more and more by the second. "i-i" she looks around in a panic unable to finish her sentence. As He grabs her hand to lead her to somewhere less cold and open they hear a man yelling menacingly. "Come out come out little bitch. You can't run from me forever!" Nates eyes widen and picks up the beautiful girl running off down the alley and to his car to get away from whoever the voice belonged to. As he placed her in the rental car he knew something was wrong. She wasn't shaking anymore and she was no longer hyperventilating. "Darling? Darling wake up" his voice was shaking, honestly he had never been so scared in his life. All he could think was that he can't let this girl die. She was his responsibility and he had to help her. "Darling please!!!" To his deepest relief the girl mumbled something incoherent. She was alive but only just. Getting into the drivers seat, taking his eyes off her was more difficult then anyone could ever imagine.

Driving to the hospital he did his best to keep her awake. "Stay awake darling talk to me" he begged driving to the hospital trying to hold back tears. "T-tell me your name darling" weakly and with a shaky breath she said the one name that would haunt him for 3 years 2 months and 18 days... Until the day he met her again. The day he realised it was her. Until the day he finally let himself believe she was the girl from that night. That one name that haunted him. "Rachael... My name is Rachael"