the smell of coffee and cake

~She is bittersweet, like coffee and cake~

~~~~~~

He took a bite of the chocolate cake. The icing was a sweet vanilla, creamy and pleasant. The cake was a bitter dark chocolate, balancing out the sweetness of the icing. The mix of bitterness and sweetness was delicious, making a perfect cake.

As he sat next to the window of the cafe, he stared at the sky, thinking of that girl he had ran into. He knew her, he could feel it, but from where? He took a deep breath and reached into his brown bag, taking out a book to read. As he flipped through the pages to find where he left off, the cafe seemed to stay quiet, the smell of coffee and baked goods filling the air of the tiny cafe. Tiny cakes and other types of sweets put on display and the aesthetic of an overgrown old cottage made the German wonder why not many people came here, it was just so nice and peaceful.

As he read the page he had left off on, something caught the German's eyes in the book. He read it once more to himself in his head, thinking about it a bit.

"And I will love you till the day I forget you" The young boy spoke, taking the girls hand and kissing it softly. His soft lips making the girl blush. "But what if you forget about me tomorrow?" The young princess asked. "Then I will write a letter every day and it put it under my pillow. If I one day forget, I shall see the note and remember that I have a love out there somewhere. I will find you once more and fall in love just the same" The young man replied.

Ludwig thought about it once more but, his thought process was interrupted by the ding of the bell at the cafe's door. He didn't think much of it. It was a public cafe after all, even if it wasn't that well known. It wasn't until he heard her voice. "Just a simple red velvet cupcake, please" His head shot up rather quickly. It was her.

From the back, he finally knew where he had seen her before. "It's the girl from my dreams." He thought. But, why think of her if they had never met since now? Was it destiny?  Fate? Did he once know her but forgot? He couldn't tell what it was but, he knew there was something about that girl that made him feel...strange.

She took a seat close to the other side of the cafe. It seemed she had not noticed him yet as she tapped her fingernails on the table with a soft hum. "Your cake, ma'am" The waiter said, placing the small red velvet cupcake on her table. She looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you" She handed over a small tip. As the waiter walked away, Ludwig had stood up and started to walk over to the female. "Ciao" He waved. "You're the girl from before" She looked up at him as her eyes widen a bit with a grin. "Oh, you! I didn't think we would run into each other so soon" "Yeah, me neither. Would you like to have a chat?" He asked, smiling a bit nervously. "Of course" The Italian replied as Ludwig sat down on the opposite side of the table. "Hey, I don't think I ever got your name. I'm Ludwig" The girl paused for a bit, thinking. "I never did say my name, did I?" She giggled.

"My name is Alice"

~~~~~~

Chapter 2, the smell of coffee and cake.

-End-

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

A/N

I'm sorry that I left it on kinda a cliff hanger but I need a bit of time to think so, don't hurt me-

Please, if you have any criticism, do let me know. I want to improve and do the best I can. uwu

~~~~~~