Chapter 30 Dinner Pt. 2

Happy Reading :)

"Here you go Mrs. Tonelli," Damon smiled and handed my mom a bouquet of flowers. What a gentleman.

"Bellisimo!" She smiled and pinched his cheek. She went to put the flowers in the vase and that left Joe Melvin and Marcus next to me, staring directly at Damon. 

"stringete la sua mano" My dad hissed at the boys. Shake his hand. 

"Hi," Damon stuck out his hand and Joe jumped to greet him with a smile, god bless him.

Marcus and Melvin wordlessly shook his hand. We moved to the table and Greg and Leo both came and shook his hand firmly. They were sizing him up I could tell, this was their first encounter, not even Greg had seen him this up close. 

"Dov'è Felix?" I asked where Felix was. 

"Non lo so," Joe said quietly.

"Are the cousins coming?" I asked nervously, I don't know how good I would feel about tonight if we had a full house.

"They're settling in," My father said, while I was on concussion watch they had been moving their things into their new house.

All of a sudden Felix's footsteps came thudding down the stairs. He walked straight towards me and Damon and waited in front of us expectantly.

"Hi, I'm Damon, nice to meet you," Damon said, unfazed by the 5 lions standing in front of him, and the kitten Joey. He stuck his hand out and Felix stared at it for a second before smiling and shaking his hand. 

It was like a signal had been made. By Felix accepting his handshake the boys all took a breath and got back to their conversation and took their seats. 

"Mangiamo," Lets eat, my father said, and the chorus of clinking ensued.  Damon sat between Lacey and my mother this time, I thought that was a safe place for him. If he sat with me it would only piss off my brothers more.

"So, Damon," My father said between bites of food, "You go to school with Lydia?"

"Yes sir," He nodded.

"What are you going to do after high school?"  I cringed after this question, if he didn't give a good answer my dad wouldn't approve and if my Dad hated him that would be an even bigger problem.

I had never asked Damon what he wanted to do so even I was a little curious to hear what his plans were. 

"Well my mom owns a real estate company, so I can always just work with her. She wants me to get my license and start working with her as soon as possible actually," A family business, I sighed. Dad would love that answer, I on the other hand couldn't help but be a little disappointed. 

I never really thought about it but after hearing his answer I realized I don't want to end up here working for my parents for the rest of my life. I want to get out and experience the world without my family breathing down my neck.

"But what do you wanna do?" Lacey spoke up. 

"Um, I don't know," He said nervously, "I like music, I play with my friends sometimes in my basement, if I could make a career out of that it would be fun. But we're not one direction so that's pretty unlikely." 

"So you have a band!" Lacey squealed, "How cute!" Marcus rolled his eyes. So now he was getting annoyed of his girlfriend. 

I never really knew  had a 'band', it made me think that I didn't know him as well as I thought 
I did.

"Music is unstable, business is stable." Was all my father replied gruffly, and shoved food in his mouth, he was done talking.

"So Damon, where are you from?" My mother asked. Of course she did.