Chapter Six, Found Out

Remus thought back on all that had happened the last few days with regret and sadness. It had been the day of the Full moon and he'd been getting ready to head to the Shrieking Shack early with how Moony was so upset and angry over Harry being injured when Severus's Patronus had come floating into the room telling him that Harry had slipped into a coma during the night and was being fed potions to stabilise his breathing. He knew Severus had only had his best intentions in mind and that he would have been angry if he was told after the moon, but right then Remus had to literally fight Moony for control to stop him going after the ones that had hurt their Cub so bad, and the worse thing was Remus had considered letting Moony have free rain to hurt the Dursleys as much as they'd hurt Harry.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts Remus hurried through his normal morning rituals as quickly as he could so he could make it down to Severus's rooms to be with his still comatose Cub. "Ahh Lupin, how nice of you to drop by." Severus said snidely as he opened the door to his chambers, trying and failing to hold in the sneer that spread across his face at the man before him.

He didn't like him, he hated him but less so than he did Black, but he was putting up with him for Harry's sake if nothing else. Once Draco had calmed down slightly he'd argued with him about letting the wolf into his chambers to see Harry. To ease his building headache he'd agreed but now he wished he hadn't, for all the man did was badger him about Potter. Oh he understood why of course but he had told him that he'd let him know if anything had changed but did that stop the wolf? No of course not.

"Severus." Remus greeted pleasantly. Without saying a word Severus walked away from the door and over to his cabinet at the far side of the room that contained all his potions. "Here." He said tersely holding out a pain relief potion. "You no doubt ran all the way here and the day after the Full Moon, a bad one no doubt. You should know better Lupin." Severus jeered at him. Ignoring the jeering Remus thanked him before downing the potion in one go, shuddering at the taste. "Before you ask no Potter is not out of the coma yet," Severus snapped still with his back to him. "But there is some good news," Remus sat up straighter in the chair he'd slumped into when he head his cub was still in a coma.

"His wounds have all healed as I would have expected, the infection is gone, nearly all his bones have been correctly healed as I only have his legs left to heal, and he is no longer suffering from blood loss. The only thing that still concerns me is the lungs. As I told you they were both punctured, though I managed to correctly heal it, the right lung is too damaged, he may end up having problems breathing and may need oxygen to help but I will not know for sure until he wakes up. He still has several bad scars on his back that I was not able to get rid of, no matter how much salve I put on it." Severus informed the horrified werewolf before him.

There was a moment of silence as Remus seemed to be taking in all that had been said to him and he was having trouble keeping Moony in check. The silence was broken by Remus who asked the question that no doubt was troubling him. "Why haven't you healed his legs yet? And why is Harry still in a coma?" Remus asked concerned.

Sighing and rolling his eyes Severus turned to face the werewolf. "I haven't healed his legs yet as they were the worse to heal. I honestly don't understand how he even managed to walk on them. When he awakes depending on the healing stage of his legs he may have to be in a wheelchair for quite some time, so I suggest that you take Potter home with you to rest and heal properly as we both know he won't get that here with the manipulative old coot. But as I said it depends on how healed they are. As to why he is in a coma, his body no doubt shut down from all the stress it's been under and I've been keeping him in an induced one as well as it is easier to monitor him and heal his incorrectly healed bones." Severus informed him.

Severus left Remus in the living room as he entered the spare bedroom where Harry was to start healing his legs, sending a disgruntled Draco to get some food and rest as he refused to sleep. "Draco if you do not get something to eat and some sleep I'll have no choice but to force a Dreamless Sleep down your throat." Severus called through the door before it was slammed shut behind him. There was an uncomfortable silence in the room as Draco and Remus stared at each other neither moving it making a sound. Remus slowly but confidently got up from the chair making sure Draco didn't see him as a threat as he crossed the room till he was stood in front of him hand held out in front of him.

"I know our kinds don't get along Draco but I'd like to ignore those instincts and try to get along with you if only for Harry's sake more than anything else." Remus told him more confidently than he felt as he Moony raged inside him at wanting to be nice to the vampire instead of killing it to protect their cub. "Welcome to the family Draco." Remus greeted. After awhile Remus thought Draco was going to give in to instincts or ignore him all together as he just continued to stand there stiff as a board that was until.

"Thank you Mr Lupin." Draco said taking Remus's still outstretched hand and shaking firmly with the man in front of him. "You don't need to threaten me with what you'd do if I hurt Harry for I would freely offer myself to you on a Full Moon to maim or kill I care not if I ever hurt Harry. But I hope it doesn't come to that as I have no wish to hurt Harry." Draco said firmly a serious look in his face.
"I'm glad to hear that Draco." Remus smiled. "Now I suggest you go and get something to eat before putting your head down for a bit for I have no doubt that Severus will do exactly what he says." Nodding his head in agreement Draco fled into the kitchen not before throwing one last longing look at the room Harry resided in.

Sighing Remus sunk down into the chair he'd vacated willing to take his own advice and get some sleep for he had no doubt that Severus would be in there fur quite some time which meant he wouldn't hear anything for a while. He closed his eyes fully intending only to have a power nap Remus slipped into a deep sleep.

* * *

Dumbledore was furious. 'How dare Severus keep this from me. And how dare he just keep the boy in his chambers instead of taking him to the Hospital Wing as if I wouldn't find out, I know everything that happens in this castle.' Dumbledore thought furiously as he paced around his office. 'And to top it all of Severus forgot contently or not to tell me that young Harry was the submissive mate of the vampire Draco Malfoy. He will pay he and Lupin.' He thought as he stormed over to his fireplace. Oh he knew all about Remus staying there as well when he was supposed to be teaching, after all he'd done for that man this was how he repaid him well not anymore.

Poking his head into the fire Dumbledore called for the Auroras claiming that Harry Potter had been injured in instal circumstance and was being held in Professor Snape's chambers by the man himself, Draco Malfoy a newly turned vampire and Remus Lupin and had not received any treatment as far as he new. He asked them to wait while he tried to get through to Severus before they came which they reluctantly agreed to and waited on standby for Dumbledore's say so.

Pulling out of the fireplace Dumbledore stormed out of the room fully intending on making those that betrayed him pay. No one betrayed him and got away with it. James, Lily and Sirius didn't and these three certainly wouldn't.

 James, Lily and Sirius didn't and these three certainly wouldn't