ch. one

"Cause everybody knowsWhat she does to pleaseShe's such a little tease"

What she does to please
She's such a little tease"

1.

FEMME FATALE

2018

LILY'S P.O.V

"Married. Can you believe it? I'm getting fucking married tomorrow!" I nearly give Naomi whiplash with how crazily I shake her shoulders. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't think Caleb and I would last, he was just so simple. So nice. But time proves me wrong and four years later nearly to the day I am ready to call myself his wife.

"I know, I know, Lils. Relax, you're going to make my head explode." Naomi's laughter fills the bathroom of the venue of my rehearsal dinner. We were finishing our last touches of makeup before we got distracted by just how crazy the fact of me getting married truly was.

"Guys, everyone's waiting." Em peeks her head through the door, waving for us to hurry up. "Also my plus one is here, my bubba, want you guys to finally meet!" She's quick to depart and Naomi and I both share a confused look, laughing afterward.

"She's a nut, I swear." I push on the bathroom door and I'm met with those damned green eyes. I'm speechless to say the absolute least.

"Guys! This is my bubba, bubba these are my girls! Naomi and Lily. It's Lils' wedding, duh." Her words sound like murmurs through the same pounding coursing through my ears as three years prior.

I'd recognize him anywhere. Somehow, he's taller. His eyes? Maybe even greener. He's softer now, beautiful. A big shift from his prior hard, masculine, frat boy look. His hair is longer and it flows effortlessly, and his nails are painted a soft lavender. Despite being soft and pretty, he still holds that devilish smirk and it sends chills down my spine. "Bubba? Didn't know you had a brother." I did know she had a brother. Duh. I just didnt know that said brother was Harry and that I had let him wreck my insides in a club bathroom on my twenty first birthday.

"Lillian."

"Oh, Harry! I guess I'm just used to calling him bubba." They say at the same time. It's like time stopped for him, too. Like maybe seeing me made him forget everything but him and I even just for a second. He remembers my name. The name only he ever called me. And Emma, she realizes that maybe it'd be best to introduce him with a name rather than just 'Bubba'.

"We met once before." He speaks and I swear my heart is in my throat. His voice alone almost brings me to my knees. Snap. Out. Of. It. "Her birthday, remember? Mum made me tag along so we'd spend 'quality time' while I was visiting the states?"