ch. eight

"Long nights, daydreamsSugar and smoke rings, I've been a foolBut strawberries and cigarettesalways taste like you"

Sugar and smoke rings, I've been a fool
But strawberries and cigarettes
always taste like you"

8.

PRAYING FOR HOURS

HER P.O.V

"She's beautiful, huh?" I tap my fingers against the dining room table. Her long, dark hair has the most gorgeous of waves. It sways so perfectly when she sways those damned hips. "I think she's perfect for what we have going, yeah?"

"I agree, for sure." Trey responds, licking his lips. "And she just agreed to come? Like nothing?" He chuckles a bit, ashing his cigarette.

I nod and smile, my eyes never leaving her. "Yup. Think she's a little crazy or something, she was talking about voices. I dunno. I don't mind, I think she's worth it."

"That's... interesting." He laughs once more, passing the cigarette to me. I take a drag and lean back in my seat, letting the smoke linger before exhaling. "Are you sure you're up for that challenge, Daya?"

"Oh, I'm sure." My smile goes wicked and I stand from the table.

LILY'S P.O.V

"Hey, gorgeous." My lady greets me.

She could be enough. She is just as wild and free as you. She could get it.

A figure brushes past me and for a moment my eyes deceive me. Harry? It couldn't be. He has no way of knowing where I am and surely he'd say something. I look again and I stop dead in my tracks. It is him, though. We make eye contact and I feel like I could be sick any second. He doesn't speak, he doesn't move, he doesn't even blink.

"I think that's my husband." The words escape my lips without thought.

"You're married?" She laughs, snaking her arm around my waist. "There's nobody standing there, babe."

He waves at me and cocks his eyebrow towards her. I realize in this moment that I don't even know her name. "You're cheating on me?" He frowns and points at the gorgeous woman beside me.

"I was never yours to cheat on, remember?" I snap back at him.

  "So, no, you did not overdose, but your blood results did come back with traces Flunitrazepam along with the Cocaine and THC." The doctor tells me. Harry's grasp on my hand tightens and his eyes start to water.