drunk in love | r. malek

REQUESTED BY partyanthems !

You were bestfriends with Joe Mazzello. Since college, you would never leave his side. But there's something about him that made you not want to be in a relationship, so both of you are strictly friends.

Joe decided to bring you along to the Golden Globes as his date. "Come on, Y/N, I've already brought my Mom to an award show before. You're my closest female friend, please. You might even meet someone there!" Joe whined.

Friend.

"Alright, alright. I'll go. And I'm going just to see Brian May and Roger Taylor." You said, in a sarcastic irritated tone. Joe threw his hands up in the air and hugged you tight as a 'thank you'. "When is it?" You asked. "Friday, I'll pick you up at six." Joe said. You nodded and hugged him back. He left your apartment and you sighed. I'm just doing this for my friend.

✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

It dawned on you to know that it was Friday. You were still in your pajamas, on your couch, watching Netflix. It was already 4:00 p.m. and you knew you had to get ready. You got out of the shower and dried your hair, also using the hair curling iron to curl the ends of your locks. You applied subtle blue makeup to match the dress you were wearing, this should look good, you thought. You hit shuffle and listened to Queen's Greatest Hits, and waited for Joe to arrive.

 You hit shuffle and listened to Queen's Greatest Hits, and waited for Joe to arrive

( picture this as your dress )

You heard a knock on your door, knowing it was Joe. You opened the door and Joe looked at you, mouth agape. "You look stunning, Y/N," he says. You blushed slightly, you weren't used to receiving compliments from him even though he was your bestfriend. "Not too bad yourself, Mazzello." You answered with a cheeky smirk. Both of you went downstairs and your eyes widened as you saw a limo infront of you.

"Joe- I thought you were driving?" You asked. "No way I'm driving to the Golden Globes! Surprised?" He quipped. "Uhm, yeah. I just have never been in a convertible before." You said, still in surprise.

✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

When you arrived, your eyes gazed upon Rami. You saw Joe and him giving each other a bro-hug while you just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. After watching Bohemian Rhapsody you developed a sense of admiration and love for Rami, knowing he has done Freddie Mercury justice, and also he's a phenomenal actor.

"The Golden Globe goes to... Rami Malek!" His eyes were in shock and everyone cheered out loud. His emotional speech brought small tears to your eyes, everyone was extremely proud of him.

"Well done man!" Joe exclaimed and hugged Rami tight. You just gave a big smile to him, your social anxiety kicking in.

After the Golden Globes, Rami, Joe, Lucy, Ben, Gwilym and the cast of Bohemian Rhapsody partied with a few drinks. You insisted on not to go but Joe dragged you along.

The smell of alcohol filled up your nostrils. You downed a shot of vodka, while Joe went to get some beers.

"Hey, Y/N right?" You heard a deep, drunken voice, slur. You turned to your left and saw Rami, sitting beside you. "Yeah. Hi, Rami." You said, stammering a little. He was so hot, his jawline was sculpted perfectly and it could cut through your future any day. His piercing eyes were a shade of blue mixed with green, and his hair was curly and messy from dancing and partying with the BoRhap boys.

You felt his hand stroking your Y/H/C locks and caressing your cheek. Your cheeks heated up, like you were having a fever. "You know,
Y/N, Joe has talked a lot about you. You seem really nice. And when I first saw you just now, I immediately fell for you, you're such a beautiful girl, I like you, Y/N." Rami said. "Really?" You asked, your heart was pounding and your inner fangirl was screaming.

Before you could mutter a word, Rami pressed his lips against yours. You reacted to the kiss and your lips moved in sync. "I like you too, Rami."