i love you | elliot alderson.

You knocked on Elliot's door, anxiously, hoping that he didn't forget about the special day.

There was no answer.

"Elliot?" You asked, "Can you please open up? I can hear you typing."

About five minutes later, you hear small footsteps getting closer to the door. Elliot open up and you just gave him a smile, "Hi."

No reply. No flinch. Nothing.

You went into his apartment, sitting down on the couch. The was tension in the air, and an awkward silence. He did not even speak a word to you.

"Elliot," you say, breaking the silence. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, I suppose." He shrugged.

"Do you remember what day it is?" You asked. "No," he replied, and you immediately felt your heart twinge.

"It's fine," you said. "No- wait actually it's not fine. Elliot, it's our anniversary, did you forget?"

His eyes widened a little, "It is?" You immediately hear the guilt in his voice, "I- I'm so fucking sorry."

You were actually looking forward to the date he promised to take you out to. To your favourite restaurant, and then hoping to go back to his place and binge your favourite TV shows.

You were about to leave his apartment, "Forget about it, it's fine," and started walking towards the door. "No- I don't wanna let you leave upset." He said as he takes your hand in his.

He hugged you from behind. He initiated the hug, for the first time. And you hesitantly hugged back. "I really didn't mean to forget- but I did get you something, Darlene helped me in picking it out. I- I hope you like it." Elliot said, passing you a small velvet black box.

You opened it, it was a necklace. A beautiful necklace with silver and rose diamonds. "Thank you, Elliot. Genuinely."

"It's just that- I shouldn't have forgotten about our anniversary. I'm sorry, again." He said rubbing his face, he was clearly exhausted.

The thing is, you guys haven't exchanged 'I Love Yous' for the longest time. He initiated the first one, but that was it. Nothing else.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked again. "Anytime you want."

He gently presses his lips against yours, and your lips were in sync. You giggled as he pulled away, "I love you. I love you so much, Y/N. You can't fucking express it," He says honestly and kisses you one more time.

You were shocked, but at the same time, you felt loved after so long. "I love you too, Alderson."

______

kinda short but i hope you guys liked it!