way better.

🎼and now the day bleeds into nightfall, and you're not here to get me through it all. I let my guard down and then you
pulled the rug. I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved.
-

Kaycee's POV

Today is monday which is school day. Which means I get to see Sean, great. I'm not gonna lie but I seriously don't wanna face him. I'm not ready and I know for sure that he's going to try to talk to me. My thoughts were cut off by Tahani entering my room.

"Kaycee!!! Time to get ready for school!!!" She shouted. "Oh your already awake!" She added.

I stood up and headed towards the bathroom and started to get ready. I wore a Cropped hoodie over ripped jeans. I curled my hair a little more and I went down stairs. I noticed Tahani was eating and I went up to her.

"Are we gonna go yet?" I said to her because I noticed it was getting late. "Kaycee, your hair!" She said. I didn't really curl my hair because I mostly straighten it. I didn't bother answering her so, I just smiled.

I started to walk to the car but Tahani said, "I found out about you and Sean and I'm sorry." I faked a smile. "It's fine and plus he's gonna get Tate already." I said and headed to the car.

People know that we broke up already. They don't know about the fake relationship though.

Tahani, Josh, and Julian found out because Ken and Bailey told them. I was fine with it because they deserved to know.

My thoughts were cut off when Tahani started to drive and we arrived at school faster than I taught which didn't really help my situation of not wanting to see him.

I got off the car and waited for Tahani to come out so we would walk together. I spotted Sean by his lockers so I hurriedly went to my first class and sat by the window at the back. Tahani isn't with me in this class which made the situation worst for me.

Once I saw Sean again walking to class and sitting to a seat far from mine, I couldn't stop looking at him. To avoid staring at him I just played games at my phone. But I couldn't help but look at him again but this time I caught him staring at me so I looked back at my game.

For what seems like forever the teacher arrived. "Okay class, we are gonna have a project coming up. You will be partnered up with someone to work together and show any artistic side of yourself. It could be acting, singing, dancing, and many more." She said.

"Are we gonna choose our partners?" One of my classmate asked. "Yes." She said which everyone was happy about. "You will be choosing your partner by picking from a cup. And since we are evenly divided by boys and girls, the girls will pick from the cup to reveal their partner." She added which everyone's faced turned to a frown.

There is 12 boys from this class so there is a 1/12th chance I would pick him.

The teacher decided to call the girls to stand up and pick their partner one by one going from the order of our names. I'll be the 4th to pick.

"Kaycee Rice." my teached called me to pick and so I did. I didn't open it yet because we had to wait for all the girls to pick theirs.

Once every girl picked their partners the teacher told us to open it yet but I waited for three seconds and closed my eyes and unfolded the paper.

three.....

two.....

one....

*open*

......Sean Lew.

"Kaycee Rice, who's your partner?" My teacher asked.

"Ummmmm.......Sean Lew." I said which caused everyone's eyes to me and Sean.

Sean's POV

I decided to give her some time and space but when I found out we were gonna be partners, I just wanted to stop time. How can I work with her? How can I even talk to her? I can't. I can't look at her because I wouldn't see that smile on her face anymore. The smile that I removed.

"Hey Sean." Tate called me while I was walking down the cafeteria.

"What do you want Tate?" I asked because I don't wanna waste my time on her again.

"So, I heard that you and Kaycee broke up." Tate said. "What about it?" I replied.

"Well, its good for you anyways. She didn't deserve you. Your too good for her anyways." She said which caused me to stop walking.

"What did you say?" I asked because she can't seriously talk like that about her.

"Sean we both know that you don't look good together. You're popular, smart, handsome, and she's nothing! I don't even know why you dated her in the first place." She replied.

"Kaycee's not nothing! She's beautiful, extremely talented, funny, kind, and smart. I'm the one who doesn't deserve her!" I yelled to her. I could feel a lot of people staring at us now.

"Sean, you can't literally be on her side right now. She's not even near my level." She said.

"Actually you're right, she's not." I said looking straight to her eyes.

"Because she's way better." I added and walked out and went to the rooftop.

-
I just want to say sorry because I haven't really been updating lately. I'm just really busy with school and stuff. But don't worry I will finish this book☺️

PS: I hope you like this chapter😌

Also don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share🥰