13

It was a little after the trial.

Dad paced back and forth in the kitchen.

Spilled was in the living room playing.

I stood in the hallway listening to Dad talk.

"I can't believe you let Error have Gradient! You have to take back your judgment!"

Sans shook his head. "No. My judgment is finale. If you really wanted Gradient you shouldn't have lied Ink."

Dad growled in frustration. "I didn't lie! I told you he's the reason Gray has a scar on his cheek!"

Sans huffed. "Gray said you threw the glass."

Dad slumped shamefully. "Well yeah. But I was trying to hit Error. He was coming towards me!"

Sans scowled as Dad continued.

"When we argue that only means two things. He's going to attack me or kiss me to shut me up. I wasn't going to risk another broken bone because of him! So technically it was selfdefense."

Sans raised a brow. "You don't seem to worried about the fact Gradient was injured."

"Hey, for the record, Error doesn't give two shits about Pj or Spilled! When he was watching them as babies Pj fell off the couch and busted his head open." Dad huffed.

I did?

"Not only did he not lift a finger to help him he didn't even call me until a hour after. Now Pj has those painful blobs coming off his head and will have them for the rest of his life!" He snapped. "But yeah. I'm the bad guy because I didn't freak out over a tiny scratch that will fade within a year!" Dad threw his hands in the air.

I flinched. Hand going up to touch my skull. I never knew where they came from. I alway thought I was born with them.

I hated the blobs. How they hurt and stung all the time. How others look at them like some kind of parasite.

Anger boiled inside of me as I continued to listen.

Sans shook his head with a deep sigh. "Even if that's the case, Gray wanted to go with him. His request to be with his sire and other factors played in my decision."

"Well that's bullshit!" Dad huffed, arms crossed. His eye watered up as he looked to Sans.

"I know I was harder on him than Spilled or Pj, but that was because of his Destroyer side. He'd always get into trouble. Breaking things or having little fights with his brothers."

I flinched a bit at that last part. Me and Spilled may have started a few of those fights and broken a few things that ended with Gray being blamed. He never really defended himself when we pointed the finger. So it was easy to get away with stuff.

He should hate us for that though. Not Dad.

"It was always so hard to connect with Gray. Any time I tried to let him tag along on me and the other boys adventures he'd end up being left out or miserable. He always seemed happy to just be on his own in his room, reading or watching tv with Error." Dad wiped away tears.

"I never could get into that shell of his like Error could. It's like every time I tried he got harder and harder to reach. But... I still don't want to lose him. "

I pressed myself up against the wall. Sniffling as I held back tears.

I don't want to lose him either.