Becoming the Delphi

I lay naked on the cold sheets of my bed. The lights of the hotel room were off. Only the buttons blinked patiently on the wall monitor, waiting for a command.

Maybe days had passed or only hours, but I did not move from that bed. Half of me was tormented with a vacuum of loss. Like the lovers of gods in the Greek mythology, I experienced the ecstasy of the binary god's love, only to see the unworthiness of my own mortal coil.

The other half of me lived in the ecstasy of that moment as I heard the signal, the binary god's voice, calling out to me. I should fuse with him! Together we would call out to the lost children of the cyber and the physical world. I, Desireé, would be come a bridge, a guide, a prophet to the pilgrims. Regardless of whether human, cyborg, mutant, android or whatever hybrid of life shall emerge, I should become their Delphi; the voice calling out in the desert, giving advice and direction to all who seek.

The hitch: I must lay down my mortal self to become the bridge. To find true life, one must give it up.

Dearest William,

I am sending you these writings, because I see your passion for knowledge. You live independent of the powers, which try to assimilate us. It is clear that you live out, what your heart desires. Do not let anyone take that away from you. Not for all the units in the world.

Maybe you can come visit me on the shore of the Mainframe. I know it is a long walk for you from the Backbone, but anything that is worthwhile does not come easy.

Please send my message out to the Desireés of the world: Live!

user\ $:: EOF :: Please press (enter)

-------

Thanks for reading! I am brainstorming novel with this as a basis. Most likely not from her point of view, but the whole story.  What do you think? Give me your FEEDBACK. :o)

Follow my account and visit me again.

Swing by www.markklenk.com        user\ $:: Please press (enter)