Ep3. Cheeseburger Backpack

Steven and Moonstone were sitting outside the temple near the post box. Steven was singing. "Hey Mr. Postman, bring me a post, bring me the post that I love the most." He stopped singing as Jamie the postman appeared round the corner. "Huh? My song came true! Do you have a package for me today?"

"Hold on." Jamie opened his bag. "Let me see what I've got here. Did you order a loaf of bread with a stamp on it?"

"No!"

"Did you order a jury summons for R.J. Finkle?"

"That's not me, I'm Steven."

"Oh, right, right, right, Steven!" Jamie pulled out a package. "Here it is, Steven Universe."

"Ha!" Steven looked at the package excitedly. "This thing is gonna help me save the world!"

"Really? It says it's from Wacky Sacks Supply Company." Jamie said.

"Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl think I shouldn't go on magic adventures because I don't know how to use my Gem powers—"

"That seems reasonable."

"But there are other ways I can help!"

"With a Wacky Sack?"

"Exactly!"

"Do you know how you can save my world?" Jamie took out a signature pad. "Sign here, please."

"Ah!" Steven wrote his names, complete with lots of stars.

"Barb yells at me if I don't get signatures." Jamie said.

"That's awful." said Steven. A bright light shone from Steven's house. "Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl are back!" Steven said, taking the package from Jamie and ran after Moonstone up the stairs.

"Wait, Steven! What is a Wacky Sack?!" Jamie yelled after them.

Steven and Moonstone burst into the house. "Huh?"

Garnet was covered in feathers. "Hello, Steven, Moon."

"Amethyst, we do not need that!" Pearl said, "It's not going to fit in the fridge!"

Amethyst was holding a giant egg. "What? I got this." She slid the tray out of the fridge then dumped it on the floor, causing the milk to spill. She put the giant egg in. "Look it fits!" She slammed the door and a loud crack was heard. "Oh, man. We can make a big omelet, or a quiche, or big sunny side ups!-"

Pearl made a face. She turned to Steven and Moonstone. "We fought a giant bird."

"Giant bird!" Moonstone gasped excitedly.

"We're only here for a second, we've got to go back out." Pearl said.

"What?" asked Steven. "Why?"

Pearl held up a statue. "We have to place this Moon Goddess Statue on the top of the Lunar Sea Spire before midnight. Without it, the whole place will fall apart! Oh, you should have seen the spire in its heyday!" She projected a hologram of the Sea Spire. "It was an oasis for Gems on Earth." The hologram disappeared with a pop. "It's abandoned now, but we can still save it with this statue!"

"Wha?" Steven's eyes went star shaped. "That's perfect!"

"What? Why?" Asked Pearl.

"Because I can help carry it for you in..." Steven gestured to Moonstone. Moonstone grabbed her bongos and did a drumroll. "...This!" Steven took the backpack out of the package and made sound effects.

"A hamburger?" asked Pearl.

"It's a Novelty Backpack, shaped like a cheeseburger!" Aww, I blew it." Steven put it on his shoulder. "I was just going to wear it one day, and you guys would be like, 'Dang, Steven, that's so cool.' But this is obviously important Gem business."