Chapter 2 ~ Maybe He Isn't A Creep... (Danii's POV)

As soon as the bell rang, I headed straight for the class room's doorway. I was ready to go home. Everyone else had already darted out of the classroom. Suddenly, someone grabbed me shoulder.

  "Hey, wait up," the voice said, and he turned me around to face him.

  "Uh, do you need something?" I asked with a somewhat shocked tone.

  "No, I am just, kinda new here, and I'm tryna' make some friends, and you seemed good enough so-"

  "Let me cut you off right there. Good enough??"  I gave him disgusted look.

  "No no! I didn't mean to sound like a douche bag! I meant, you seemed cool, wanna be friends, ehe?" he awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

  I quickly grabbed a scrap of paper from my bag, and a pen. I wrote down my number and handed the piece of scrap paper to him, "Here. If you wanna be friends, just give me a call and we can hang out.. I guess."  

  "Ah, OK!" He said, then darted towards the school's front doors.

  "Cya around..." I said, waving.

  That was an odd encounter. He came off as rude at first, but he meant well.

  I finally got home, and then remembered that I have an exam tomorrow. I let out a sigh and got out my textbook and started to study. It didn't take long until I was interrupted by my phone ringing. I didn't recognize the number.

  "Must be that guy..." I answered the phone,
  "Hey, I forgot to tell you my name, I'm Damian." he said softly.
  "I'm Danii. Now, did you need something?" I asked with a bit of annoyance.
  "Oh, I was just wondering if you were studying for that science exam too." He groaned.
  "Yea, I am-"  before I could finish talking, he interrupted me.
  "I'll be right over and we can study together! That way, it'll be faster."  His voice was filled with excitement.
  "Uhh, OK. I live right down the street of the school."
  "Alright, I'll be there in a jiffy.. That's a lame word, I'll see you soon! Yea, that sounds better." He said, and hung up before I could say anything else. It's just studying, I don't know why he is so excited about it.

  Within about 5 minutes, he showed up at my door, continuously ringing the doorbell.

  "What is he... five? Maybe that teacher was right."  I opened the door and he welcomed himself inside. This guy should really learn some manners.
  "Nice place,"  he said as he threw his bag down by the couch and took a seat. I took a seat next to him.
  "So, are we in the same book? I'm 17." I said, looking down at my textbook.
  "I'm 18,but I dropped out at 16 for a year, so I'm a year behind."

   Oh great, a dropout. This should be fun. He got out his science textbook which was the same as mine. We went over the stuff that seemed like it was important and going to be on the test. Most of the time, I would guess correctly which parts would be on the test.

  After an hour, we decided it'd be best to take a snack break. I went into the kitchen and just grabbed a box of crackers. As I turned around, I noticed him fidgeting around and scratching his back anxiously. What the.. Is he on drugs? Or does he have backne or something?  I thought.

  "You OK?"  I asked, trying to sound like I wasn't weirded out.
  "Oh yeah,"  his face turned a bit red, "I'm fine, something is just really making me itch."
  "Do you need some kind of itch cream or something?"  I asked, raising one eyebrow.
  "No no, I'm fine. Now bring those crackers over here, I'm starving!" he smiled. I walked over and handed him the box of crackers. He started scoffing them down. Was he raised in a damn zoo?!