Chapter Fourteen

Bill was shocked, to say the least, that Dipper had chosen him over his twin. Silence had fallen between the groups as Dipper said those words, only for shouting to begin a second later.

    "That's crazy Dipper!" Mable screamed. "That psycho probably brainwashed you!"

    "I'm sick of being your weak brother!" Dipper shouted right back, Mable froze in shock once more. "I'm an equal here! I'm wanted here!"

    "Dipper..." Mable whispered, tears gathering in her eyes. Bill looked away towards his ship. They probably needed to leave soon...

    "I'm not going back with you Mable." Dipper stood his ground and Mable stayed silent. Dipper have her one last parting look before turning on his heel and walking back towards the boat.
    Bill followed closely behind him. He quickly signaled the crew to gather the needed supplies and load it onto the boat. They listened and did as told as he and Dipper climbed into the ship.
    Bill could see the tears threatening to fall from Dippers eyes and suddenly thought of his own brothers, far away by now, away from him and his chosen life style.

"Pinetree..." Bill said in a soft whisper, he truly did care for the kid. Dipper turned to look at him and Bill felt his heart clench as he saw Dippers beautiful brown eyes filled with tears.
Dipper shook his head slightly and Bill closed the distance between them, pulling Dipper into a tight embrace as the smaller boy shook. Bill knew that this was hard on him, leaving his only sibling behind. Dipper didn't cry, but his body shook with the effort of withholding it.
Dipper finally calmed down enough to step back from Bill and by then they were ready to leave. Bill watched as he glanced towards the dock. Mable was still standing in the same spot, staring at her brother in shock.

"Cmon Dipper." Bill murmured. "It's late, let's get you to bed." Dipper nodded and let Bill lead him towards their cabin. Bill looked behind him to see Mable's state now trained on him. There was a fire in her eyes, a promise. Bill looked eyes with her as well and made his own promise.
When they finally made it to the cabin. Bill kicked off his boots and shrugged off his jacket. Dipper followed his lead and they both collapsed into the bed. Dipper closed his eyes but didn't fall asleep, Bill could tell because his eyelids fluttered with small movements.
Bill stared at Dippers face, there were some small bruises on his arms and neck, evidence from the previous fight. Bill smiled sadly as he scooted closer to Dipper and wrapped his arms around him. Dipper tensed slightly but eventually relaxed into Bills arms.
    Bill knew that Mable would come after Dipper. Whether that was alone or with help he did not know. Bill did know that he needed to be ready, he wouldn't let anyone hurt his Pinetree. He finally felt Dipper slip into sleep and Bill looked down at the small boy again.
    He had only known him for a short amount of time, but he would do anything for Dipper. Something about him just pulled Bill in, what he claimed when he had kissed Dipper had been true. This boy was very interesting, and it seemed to only get truer as he got to know him.
    Bill sighed and closed his eyes. He was exhausted, an unexpected attack had not been on his plans for today, and now the whole crew was going to be tense. Meaning he would have to make sure none of them made stupid mistakes, or got any rowdier than they already are.
    Sometimes Bill regretted ever becoming a pirate...