Chapter 71

Lotus' P.O.V.

I really should've remembered my long-term suspicion of Donovan...why didn't I remember it?!

"Watch your back, Moon Child!" Chiyon shouted, blocking an attack for me.

"Thanks, Chiyon!"

"We're not friends, you know. You can't address me so casually like that."

Oof.

"Stay focused, you two!"

"Of course, princess."

This guy really triggers me...

Willow left, which is great because she wouldn't be happy seeing me strangle this guy, but before I could do so, Rosaline grabbed my ear and literally threw me high into the air by the ear... like, what?

"Do your lotus thing already!" she commanded.

"FINE!" I called back. I made lotuses storm the ground below, the others being protected by their shields.

I don't know why, but they all just kept on coming. How come we can never seem to defeat an enemy with strength and numbers and there always has to be a human sacrifice?

A human sacrifice...

Someone's going to die...

But who?

I then felt myself surrounded by more dark beings than I'd be able to handle and was beaten pretty badly.

There were even slashes of blood on my arm, chin and ear.

Ouch...

Rosaline then ran and came down to her knees at my side.

"Rafael, are your wounds not too deep?" Rosaline asked concerned.

"I'm fine... and please just call me Max. Rafael was who I was, not who I am today."

"But it would be most in-"

"Please. I know how the whole reincarnation thing works. Call me Max. That's an order."

She sighed in defeat.

"Okay Max... I'll try to fix you right u-" Before she could finish I saw Donovan lay two deep cuts in her back, causing her to fall forward from the force. I felt a stinging pain when she landed on me.

"Those are pretty bad cuts, Rosaline," I explained to her. "You should worry about yourself first."

"You will always be first priority..." she admitted. "I might be able to explain more once this is all over."

"But will it actually end well for us?"

"It all depends on one decision now..." I then noticed her gaze drift over to Maddie, who had lost her transformation but was still using magic to fight bravely.

She needed more medical attention than both of us combined...

Hope she survives...

~~~~~~~~~~~

What does Rosaline mean and why is she so confident that they'll be alive after all this? What does Maddie have to do with it? Find out more soon!

See you next time!

Bye!