Chapter 22 - The Secret

The morning was blissful, It was the best one I could have ever lived to see. Instead of denying and hating the women I was entangled with. I just could not shake the feeling that this is what I always wanted my whole life all along. A family with my children and a wife whom i loved more than my life, working an honest job looking out for my family. Things did turn for the worst when I realized what this world had become. How nobody wanted a caring person in this world anymore. My own father forced me into a life of pain, power, force, and misery. Her face was beautiful in the streaming morning sun. I wanted to move a little to move her head near my other side as her face was pressing on my injury. In no time it was going to start bleeding again.

I remembered how well she took care of me last night. I could not stop watching her, enthralled by her innocence with which she was carrying for her kidnapper, she didn't think that she could let me suffer alone in pain. she took care of me like I was the love of her life and my pain was hurting her somehow. I clenched my teeth trying to take the pain in her head was causing digging into my injury. But I knew if she woke up the moment will be gone. I showed her my weak side but it was the last time I did so. I would never do it again. I wanted to hate someone in my life after my father was gone there was no one I could pour my hatred on or blame for what man I have become due to him. And I got another person I could blame on and it was her.

But now she was mine I didn't plan to let her go away from me ever. The thought of Zen or any of my enemies hurting her was gruesome enough to tear Zens entire empire in a day for me to let anyone take her away for me. Her hand was touching my neck, She was caressing my neck in soft strokes in her sleep smiling to her own. Her skin was soft like peaches with yellow tint glowing all the places her clothes didn't cover her body which was pretty much.

I knew she was religious, pretty much which made me wonder what made her sleep with me when she hated me so much. Not that I regret as the heat her body emitted made me cocoon her more inside me as she slept like a creep and also it hurt like a bitch on my body. but it was worth it. Every second of it was worth.

She stirred a little indicating me she was waking up from her sleep. I closed my eyes shut as I didn't want her to see me staring at her like a creep also for her to run away pretty fast because feeling embarrassed I knew she would feel is she wakes up with me in her sleep. She slid slowly removing her body from the bed very quietly trying very hard to not wake me up while I was smiling thinking what if she knows I was awake and watching her from 2 hours as the painkillers were wiped out of my system and my body was fucking me very badly currently.

I heard a little bang of the door closing when I opened my eyes to see her gone from the room. I stood up straight, sitting on my bed. I turned around to the medicines kept on the cabinet next to my bed. I took two of both and gulped down with water she must have kept there before trying to leave the room when I slipped her with me last night.

The room opened and Shailene entered with a tray of fresh juice and benedicts eggs, Just the way I always had my breakfast. Shailene was like my mother hence when I left my father and came here my mother sent Shailene with me to take care of me while she wasn't here to do so.

"How are you feeling now,Talib?" she kept a table across my legs putting the dishes on top of it.

"I am fine Shailene, very much. Actually, er, I wanted to ask, you know something, er, I..actually. Forget it nothing. Thanks for breakfast." I turned my gaze embarrassed I could not speak to shailene about not informing my mother about this incident because she would come running again to see my state and interfere in my work but I was scared of Shailene like I was of my mother.

She came forward running her hand across my face, " Talib if I tell her everything then you won't be able to eliminate this threat which you are doing for Sharia." I looked shocked at her face, not imagining she knew whatever happened was because I was trying to avoid hurting Sharia by my enemies.