Chapter 8

I thought this place was supposed to be safe. 

The person in the cloak raised their knife as if about to strike, and everyone silenced and stepped back. I stood, along with a few other people in the room, but I didn't look at them, I gave the cloaked person my full attention. They didn't pull off the hood, but they did transform into a baboon. That's how I figured out that the person in the cloak had been a man. Which I didn't need to know. Especially not like that. 

I don't know why I did it, but I turned into a wolf and walked towards the baboon. I wasn't the only Animal to do so, I was joined by a horse, a deer, and a mockingbird riding a panther-I 'll wait until later to ask, it's not important now-. We all surrounded the baboon, with me at its front, and the panther at its side. After seeing us, many other animals turned as well, but nobody moved until a strawberry tiger made its way toward us, joining the circle.

As soon as Janet joined the circle, the baboon escaped, jumping over people's heads and stealing someone's food. Janet turned into a human again, and everyone followed suit, everyone but me and the others who had formed a circle. Jay was the first of us to turn back, then the horse, who turned out to be Anali's red-headed friend, but the deer, the panther, and I stayed Animals. 

"Janet, what the Hell was that? Where did it go?", said the redhead, echoing everyone else in the room.

"I don't know, but I already have people looking for it, and I'm sure it's out of the Biosphere by now. Everyone can go back to their meals, this is nothing to be worried about, probably just a rogue, but whoever it was, these Animals scared it off. I think they deserve a few thank yous, after all, if the Animal had been dangerous- which I doubt- these Animals may have well just saved your lives. ", Said Janet, before winking at someone in the crowd and walking away. 

Yeah, that's not suspicious at all...

A/N Hey guys!!! I'm so sorry that my uploads are so sporadic, but I'm busy, and a very bad child. Sorry if this is written badly, I'm trying to write an essay, but essays are boring, and I don't do boring, and... where was I going with this? Right. I'm writing an essay (Trying to, at least) and I'm having some major writer's block. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving & Halloween (If you celebrate them) and Merry Christmas!!!!  

A/N #2 Dude, it's seriously been that long? Wow. Um, happy Halloween. Almost. I might be making Halloween specials, just out of pure boredom, so... yeah. But I do need to catch up on all of my stories first, so...